party

elle's POV

----------------

"I'M EIGHTEEN MOTHERFUCKERS! I'M LEGAL NOW! I AM AN ADULT!" i scream through out the house once i wake up. "happy birthday elle" mum laughs. "thanks mum" i smile and hug her.  she opens her mouth as if she were about to say something but closes it. "are you excited for your party?" she asks after a few seconds. "yep, it's at 6 right?" i question. "yep" she reassures me. "okay, i'm going to call some people and make sure they can come." i say and take out my phone, receiving only a nod from her.

i search through my contacts and call about 5 of my friends. eventually i find someone that i didn't invite but i call them anyway, hoping they can make it.

"hello" the voice answers the phone. "hey alex" i respond. "hold on just one second." she orders. i get a facetime call from her and answer it. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOFO! YOU'RE EIGHTEEN NOW! YOU'RE A LEGAL BITCH! A WHOLE ASS ADULT!" she shouts. "thanks alex. listen, i know it's short notice but i'd really like it if you could make it to my party. it's at 6" i tell her. "i'll be there, i'm in england already" she replies. "really? traveling bitch" i put up a peace sign and do the we irritating thing with my other hand. "you're a dork. i have nothing to do today so i'm coming to your place. that sound alright?" alex asks. "of course, come over!" i smile and clap. "i'll be there in a few. see you soon" she smiles and blows me a kiss. "see you soon" i repeat and she ends the call. 

"was that alex?" mum asks. "yeah" i nod. "i thought you guys weren't speaking" mum tilts her head. "well, now we are" i respond. "that's good to hear. i heard what happened with you and billie." her expression changes to pity. "mum, it's alright. i'll be fine. i didn't talk to her for two weeks and i did amazing. i'll be alright" i shrug. "okay, if you say so" she smiles a little. 

about ten minutes later, a knock comes on the door. i run to the door and open it, revealing alex standing on the porch. "alex!" i exclaim and jump into her arms. "hey birthday girl!" she laughs and hugs me back. "i'm so glad you could make it" i tell her once she puts me down. "are you kidding me? i would never miss your eighteenth birthday" she responds. "i know you wouldn't" i reply. "remember the plans we had for your eighteenth birthday? what were we thinking" she asks, making me roll my eyes. "maybe we can go through with them tonight" i suggest. "oh damn, what about your girlfriend?" she furrows her eyebrows. "bil and i are over. plus, it's just tattoos and they aren't even matching. we're smarter than that" i explain. "oh. i'm sorry" she frowns. "it's okay. i'll be alright. eventually" i nod. "good to hear." she smiles a little. "come on, let's go say hi to mum. i remember how much she loved you. she'll be so excited to see you" i suggest. 

"alex!" mum exclaims once she sees her. she hugs alex tightly and alex hugs her back. "i'm so happy to see you! oh how you've grown" mum looks her up and down.  "yeah, i hear that happens with age" alex frowns a little and nods, making us both laugh. "where are the girls?" alex asks. "ELIZABETH! MADISON!" i shout. they both come running down the stairs and stop in their tracks once they see alex. "elle. i must speak with you." elizabeth looks me right in the eye as madison runs and hugs alex. "okay. speak" i shrug. "alone." she says seriously. "i'll be right back" i tell alex and follow elizabeth to the living room. 

"what the hell do you think you're doing? what about billie?" she lectures me in a whisper. "billie and i broke up." i blurt out. "y-you what?" elizabeth furrows her eyebrows. "billie cheated on me while i was in a coma so i cheated on her with alex who was at the same hotel and then billie cheated on me again. so i broke it off last night. because every time i look into her eyes or even close my own, i see billie and that girl kissing. i can't do that any more. maybe one day her and i will get back together but who knows? so right now, i'm going to enjoy my birthday. with alex." i explain. "i'm sorry elle." elizabeth tells me with pure sadness in her eyes. "it's alright. i'm sorry i took her out of your life." i respond. "you did what you thought was best." elizabeth nods. "yeah." i reply with a little sadness in my voice. "so are you going to get back together with alex?" elizabeth asks. "i don't know. maybe." i shrug. "okay. whatever makes you happy. now let's get you back in there." she suggests. 

a few hours later we drive down to where the party is. because my birthday is in the winter, we decided to go ice skating. i know it sounds lame but 15 teenagers falling on their asses for several hours is funny as fuck. "noah!" i exclaim once he arrives. "happy birthday elle!" he smiles and hugs me. "i'm so glad you could make it!" i say once he lets me go. "i wouldn't miss it for the world!" he responds. the rest of my friends, isaac, eli, lexi, cassie, emma, mia, charlotte, jacob, lucas, oliver, watson, chris and leo arrive and are all very shocked that alex is here and billie isn't. i say hello to all of them and they say happy birthday. we chat about what happened between billie and i and why alex is here. and then we decide to actually start skating. 

"elle! come hold my hand, i'm going to bust my shit" alex orders. i laugh and skate over with ease. i hold out my hand for her to grab but instantly pull it away right when she is about to grab it. i skate around her and then spin on one of my feet and hold the other above my head. "show off!" i hear someone shout. i jump out of the spin and land on my other foot. i continue to spin around alex until i decide to help her. "i can't believe i forgot how well you can skate" she laughs. "i'm pretty damn good" i say and pretend to dust dirt off my shoulder.  "do you still plan to get the same tattoo as the one you wanted a few years ago?" she asks as we skate around, hand in hand. "yeah" i nod. "you wanted a blue ribbon right?" she questions. "yeppers" i reassure her. (a/n: for those of you that don't know, a blue ribbon stands for child abuse awareness) "What did you want again?" i ask. "i want an airplane with the air force flag flying behind it." she explains. her dad was in the air force. sadly he got shot down and died. "oh yeah, where do you want it?" i question. "on my wrist" she circles the part of her wrist where she wants it with her finger. "i'm sure it'll look amazing" i smile. "everything you do looks amazing" she smiles back, licking her lip. "stoppp" i blush and push her, making her fall down. she pulls me down with her and i land on top of her. "hello" she says in a weird voice. "hey" i laugh in a breathy tone. i stare into her eyes and she stares back into mine. "shit" i snap out of my thoughts and stand up. 

after a few hours, everyone but alex leaves. "tattoos now right?" i ask excitedly. "yes elle. tattoos now" mum laughs. she drives us down to a tattoo place that her friend works at. "hey elle, how've you been?" mum's friend carrie asks. "i've been great. today is my eighteenth birthday so here we are" i laugh. "happy birthday sweetheart" she exclaims. "thanks. this is alex by the way. alex, this is my mum's friend carrie. carrie this is my... friend." i introduce them with a small hesitation. "fantastic to meet you" carrie smiles. "it's great to meet you too" alex nods. 

i explain what i want and alex does the same. we sit down in chairs next to each other and i grab on to her hand. "you nervous?" she laughs a little. "pshh, i'm only holding your hand because you can't handle pain well" i lie. i'm getting my tattoo on my left shoulder and alex is getting her's on her right wrist so we are able to hold hands still. the needle comes in contact with my skin and i flinch a little at first but relax after a second. "you're doing amazing elle" carrie tells me. "thanks. how're you doing over there alex?" i ask. "i-i'm doing great" she stutters a little. "cap but go off" i laugh. "shut the fuck up" she rolls her eyes. 

once we're done, alex and i look at each other's and i look at mine in the mirror. "it looks amazing" alex tells me, hugging me from behind. "so does yours" i smile and turn around to hug her. "it's getting kinda late. we should get home." mum suggests.  "alright" i nod and pull away from the hug. "you're staying the night right?" i ask hopefully. "if that's alright with you are your mum" she looks over at my mum. "yeah, it's okay" mum nods. 

we drive back home and i say goodnight to my mum and sisters. i pull alex upstairs to my room and shut the door behind me. "so.. what do you wanna do?" she asks. "shh" i tell her and kiss her.