1

Jaehyun was sorting through some important papers when he got the call.

He glanced at caller ID slightly annoyed at the ring. However his eyes widened in shock, he froze midway of what he was doing.

"Taeyong" the ID said.

In an instant he dropped the papers, not caring that they got messed up, and picked up the call.

"Hello...?" he said uncertainly.

It was always him. He was the one to call Taeyong. Never in his wildest dreams did he think that Taeyong would be the one to call him first.

"Jae" the other man replied.

'Jae'. He had called him Jae. When was the last time he had called him by that name?

"Taeyong?" he said again.

"Are you busy?" Taeyong asked.

"No!" Jaehyun replied a little too fast. "I'm not busy at all" he said, the papers forgotten now.

"Then..." the boy hesitated, "Can we talk Jae?"

Before he knew, Jaehyun was already picking up his car keys.

"Where are you? Home?" he asked, striding towards the door, while grabbing his jacket from the couch.

"Yea." he replied.

"I'm coming in five. Just stay there" Jaehyun said urgently, and ended the call, almost sprinting to his car.

God knows how he managed to get a grip of himself as he basically raced his car to Taeyong's house.

He had called him Jae. If this wasn't a clear sign of Taeyong finally coming back, then what was?!

He hastily parked his car, and ran towards the elevator. As he pressed the button, his heart was thumping loudly. Whether it was all the running or the nervousness, he didn't know. His ears were resounding with the drumming of his heart beat, as he breathed heavily.

The elevator doors opened with a ding and some people got in, as he slipped past them. The doors shut behind him, but he just stood there, his hands clenching and unclenching.

He took a deep breath and with heavy yet determined steps walked to Taeyong's door. After one last breath of nervousness, he rang the doorbell.