8

Early morning, they reached their destination and decided to have breakfast at one of the local restaurant.

They went into a cozy little diner and took off their jackets as they sat. They quickly ordered their food and chatted while waiting for the food.

These days Taeyong would smile and laugh at jokes and be genuinely happy, unlike how he was in the beginning.

His face always had that stoic and stony expression,  but lately he had been opening up. He had refused point blank to visit the psychiatrist.

Therefore Jaehyun had taken it upon himself to cure him. He felt like he had a huge responsibility and even though he was scared that he might not be able to break him out of this curse, he was considerably relieved when he saw Taeyong's condition improving.

All the small steps counted.

Instead of taking the leap of faith, Jaehyun wanted to build a bridge of faith and trust between them. And it was working.

Little by little, Taeyong was helping Jaehyun complete that bridge, once in a while offering him his own materials of faith.

They worked slowly, yet cautiously on building a bridge strong enough that it wouldn't fall.

When the food arrived they immediately dug in.

Taeyong pulled up his sweater sleeve,  revealing the sharp thin lines across his wrists.

He saw Jaehyun staring.

"I've stopped now. I don't do it anymore, and besides you made sure not to leave anything sharp behind." he said smiling.

Jaehyun smiled back and waving away his worry, enjoyed his meal.