The day it all started (Prologue)

"Whether it's a friendship or relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing." anonymous

This was one of those moments when I would just wonder about other people's lives. Unconsciously, my mind drifted and thought about what it would feel like to live with someone in the same house, under the same roof. 

Would it feel warm? Comforting? Quiet? Tranquil? Even loving?

"Naruto, stop daydreaming and get your butt over here for the first mission," a lazy voice called. I looked over and saw Kakashi sensei standing on the other side of the bridge with Sakura and Sasuke. My ears perked up at the mention of "the first mission" and I bounced over to them. 

"What is it, Kakashi? I will finish everything just fine, believe it!" I asked happily. Sakura rolled her beautiful meadow green eyes at me.
"Don't forget the part when we have to save your sorry ass," Sasuke added, snorting. I glared at him but out of the corner of my eye I could see Sakura looking at him with puppy eyes. Why does he get all the attention?
I reached forward and grabbed his navy blue shirt, earning a surprised grunt and a scowl in return.
"Now, now, calm down, both of you. This next mission will require huge amounts of teamwork and possible will define what rank mission you are most suitable for. In the past, there have been genin teams that worked together so well they were given C ranked missions after this test" Kakashi butted in, successfully disengaging what would have been a full out brawl. Ever since the fight that happened as soon as the team was made genin, I'm pretty sure that Kakashi would do anything to prevent that history recurring.
"We finish any mission just fine," I said enthusiastically, pumping my fist into the air. Sakura's eyes gleamed with anticipation and even Sasuke's mask cracked a little, revealing a determined glint. 
"The first mission..." Kakashi said slowly and we all leaned in eagerly. The tension was becoming unbearable, and being the loud mouth I was, I shouted, "Hurry up already, Kakashi!"
The silver haired ninja sighed.
"Teamwork is the first mission," he finished. I scratched my hair and frowned.
"We passed the test because of teamwork. Why is there another mission on teamwork?" Sakura asked, taking the words out of my mouth.
"This is a compulsory mission for all starting ninjas. The bell test was a test I choose, while this one is completed by all teams regardless of their sensei," Kakashi explained.
"Mission briefing," Kakashi announced ominously, "you will all be living in the same house as your teammates for a week. If you manage to survive the week in perfect condition, then you are officially the genin Team 7."

It took a while for the information to sink in. Kakashi's face went from emotionless to amused as the meaning of his words registered and at once everyone tried to say something.

"What? I have to spend a week with teme?" I yelled loudly, pointing at Sasuke. 

"A week with Sasuke-kun is fine, but Naruto?" Sakura wailed. 

"A week with the annoying fangirl and the dobe?" Sasuke yelled. 

"It's going to determine whether you officially become Team 7 or not. I can't have you backstabbing each other for glory on real missions, so take this as a chance to be build trust by being nice to each other," Kakashi hissed that last few words and widened his eye. We all took a step back. 

"But since Sakura's a girl, it would be...unwise...for her to stay with two males your age, therefore she will be excused," Kakashi added, and Sakura sighed with relief, "but Naruto and Sasuke, you two will be spending the next week together, and I don't expect a single scratch on either of you. Is that understood?" 

I gulped, and glared at Sasuke.

"Ok, Naruto, meet me at Sasuke's house tomorrow," Kakashi was back to his usual airy, carefree self and walked off with Sakura, reading his book. I narrowed my eyes at Sasuke, and he did the same back and I could imagine electricity shooting from our eyes. 

"Don't you dare do anything stupid while you're at my house," Sasuke growled and stalked off.