Day 3: Talk with me

Trust is the fragile foundation to every relationship.

Since Tuesday's episode, Kakashi sensei dismissed us for a day and told us to rest. Since Sasuke and I were no social butterflies, the day went by awkwardly. Apart from the occasional exchange of greeting (with names) and typical "get out of the toilet I need to go", not many sounds fill the empty house. At late afternoon, Sasuke went out to train and left the house to me. Being the curious person I was, I decided to do some exploring.
The first place I visited was Sasuke's room, which was spotless. His bed was perfectly made, his white walls pristine and has no decoration except for a Uchiha crest on the wall next to his bed. I smiled at the photo of Team 7 on his nightstand and slowly walked out of his room.
Next I arrived at a huge room that looked like it hasn't been used in a decade. Seeing nothing interesting, I walked out.
Then it was the forbidden room.

The deep brown oakwood door was different from the other white coloured doors. It had a mysterious feeling to it. The brass door knob was shiny but had a fine layer of dust on it. I traced the wood and touched the knob. 

Sasuke's outside training anyway. Gathering my courage, I took a deep breath and turned the knob. The door opened silently and I stepped into the forbidden room of the Uchiha massacre's murder.

At first glance, it had nothing unusual - it was neat and tidy just like Sasuke's room. The bed was made and had a plastic cover over it. The sunlight that managed to shine into the room gave it an almost warm feeling. Yet when I looked around again, I could see the Uchiha crest painted over neatly with white paint, replaced by the Konoha symbol. The wall next to it had a rack, displaying swords and kunais from all sizes. I walked over to the nightstand beside the bed and reached for a picture of Sasuke as a child and a slightly older boy with long hair. 

Suddenly, I could feel a breeze, and before I could react, someone had pressed a kunai knife on my neck. 

"Just what are you doing here," Sasuke's voice whispered, the breath tickling my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I braced myself for Sasuke to yell at me or kick me out of the house, or even leave a eprmant scar on my neck. But the hand holding the kunai trembled, and Sasuke collapsed onto the ground, shaking. 

"It's that day..." Sasuke murmured, curling into a protective ball. I was at a loss. How do I comfort someone who's usually more emotionless than stone?

I pulled him arm over my shoulder and supported him to the living room sofa. He was burning up and shaking. 

"Sasuke, I'm sorry," I muttered, hoping he would yell at me, instead of becoming an emotional mess. He stared blankly at the wall, a tear rolling down his face. 

"Sasuke," I hissed. I. Will. Not. Cry. 

"Sasuke," I demanded. He looked at me, but his eyes were distant. 

"Sasuke!" I yellled and slapped him. 

At lease that did something.

He snapped and tackled me, his eyes turning red with a tomoe on the right side. I stayed very still, pinned under him. His eyes burned with fear, vengeance and something more.

Lust for revenge.

"I will cleanse my clan's name, I will purify the Uchiha clan!" he cried and looked at me with a glare that could burn a hole, "Uchiha Itachi is going to pay for murdering my clan!" 

"Who's Uchiha Ita..." I trailed off as my slow brain began to put the pieces together. 

"I will clean the family name!" he roared with a feral fury and his fingers closed around my neck. My eyes widened and I felt something from within wanting to get out. 

"Sasuke! I'm Naruto not Itachi," I gasped, desperate for air. He looked at me confused for a moment, then abruptly collapsed on top of me. I yelped at the sudden weight that did not help my lack of oxygen.

I stayed on the timber floor trying to catch my breath. Sasuke's hair was in my face but I didn't push him off. Instead, I held him as I got up and dragged him to his room.

"Teme," I sighed and tucked him in like a mother would do to her child. I wonder what it's like to magically appear on my bed after I fall asleep somewhere else. His breathing became even and his frowns smoothed out. For once I realised why the girls love him: his porcelain skin and his softened features under the sunlight made him look like a white angle, his midnight blue hair was a enchanting ocean blue under the light. I brushed a stray strand from his face. 

"Uhhh Naruto?" he moaned. I chuckled. 

"You dobe," he continued. My smile turning into a frown. Even in sleep he can't stop calling me names. 

"Arigatō (thank you)," he finished. I smiled again and pecked his cheek lightly.

Ok Naruto, get some sleep I thought and exited the room, my face burning from the unexpected move.