Day 4: Explore with me

"Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest happiness in life" - Linus Pauling

I woke up this morning feeling fresh and satisfied. It was a suprising thing for me, because I haven't woken up like this in god-knows-how-long. 

And the smell of ramen was there too, just like two days ago. 

Wow, two days ago? I thought as I leapt out of bed, landing not too gracefully. I winced at the thump and bounced into the bathroom. 

Why am I so cheerful today? I asked myself as I peered at the mirror. My hair was sticking up wildly, but my eyes looked more alert than ever. I stepped out of the bathroom feeling like I was on caffeine and ran downstairs towards the wonderful smell of ramen. 

Miso and pork too! I thought excitely as I slipped into the living room dinning table seat and looked at Sasuke holding a plate and a bowl. 

Wait, a bowl?

Sasuke sighed and set the bowl down in front of me. 

"You better appreciate it, usuraonkachi. I ran all the way to Ichiraku this morning and payed for the ramen. You have to return the bowl though," he said and sat down next to me. I looked at him and smiled happily. 

"Thank you, Sasuke," I yelled happily. Sasuke rolled his eyes and blocked the ear closest to me. 

"I'm sitting less than a metre from you. Quit the yelling," he shot back. 

"Itadakimasu!" we both said and digged in. 

***

"Hey you two, what's with the smiling faces?" Kakashi asked as we met up at the bridge. I leaned my head back on my hands and Sasuke had his in his pockets, but we were uncounsciously walking closer together. 

"Was that sarcasm," Sasuke grumbled at the same time as I said, "Nothing." 

"I hope the teamwork thing worked out," the silver haired ninja smiled. Sasuke and I both looked at each other. We came to a silent agreement. 

Nothing happened yesterday.

"I guess," Sasuke sighed, "I learned that this dobe doesn't know how to sleep without drooling."

"Haha, you were looking at me when I was sleeping?" I asked cheerfully. 

"What? No, it's just...I...I happened to...ugh..usuratonkachi," Sasuke looked away, his cheeks turning slightly pink. Kakashi raised an eyebrow. 

"Anyways...let's continue with the missions," Kakashi led a fuming Sakura away from the two boys. 

"Sasuke, are you blushing?" I asked curiously. 

"No!" he yelled and walked ahead. I smirked. 

***

The day went quite smoothly. 

First of all, Sasuke and I bickered much less than usual, and we seemed to work together fairly well. Even Kakashi was impressed. 

"Well, look how well it turned out," he grinned. Apparently we were so syncronished that he gave us a two man training. It involved Kakashi and Sakura throwing kunais at us from all directions, and we had to stand back to back, protecting each other. 

To make it harder, our waist were bounded together. 

The day ended with Sasuke and I having scatches on every inch of bare skin, but nothing fatal. I laughed at the sunset red face on Sakura when she stared at the scratched, bloody, bruised and most importantly shirtless Sasuke. 

"Shut up, Naruto!" she grumbled and tried to clean Sasuke's wounds. He pushed her off and grabbed my wrist. 

"Let's go home," he said , grabbing his shirt and walked briskly away, dragging me along. 

***

"Naruto, don't you want to know about why I turned down the choice to live somewhere else?" Sasuke suddenly said when we were eating dinner. 

"Whaa?" I asked. Sasuke was never the type to start conversations. He sighed, put down his chopsticks and walked over to me and crouched down beside me. I could feel my face temperature rising. 

Breath, Naruto.

"I guess nothing tempted me from revenge before, until you came along," he breathed on to my neck, making me shriver. Sweat formed on my forehead. Deep down, I knew this was somewhat wrong, but I was enjoyng it. His cold fingers traced the back of my neck up to my jawline. 

"Aren't you ever curious about what Kakashi sensei is always reading? Why he always have a slight blush on his face?" Sasuke's deep voice triggered something in me. The thoughts I've tried so hard to push down rose again. 

Who isn't curious?

His right arms snaked around my waist as his left hand turned my face around. My eyes widened and my face burned furiously. 

"Let's satisfy our curiosity," Sasuke whispered and his lips met mine. 

Ohhh Sasuke's making the first move :p I'm not going to write anything more, so the rest is up to your little imaginations. Hola!