part 5

❂ ❂ ❂

the shrill ringing sound of the school bell marked the end of the day. god, i have such a strong love-hate relationship with that sound.

i walked out of the school gate, walking close to levi.

"y/n!" i heard my name being called behind me, the person's running footsteps getting louder and louder. i turned around to see who it was but mid-turn, i felt two fingers poke into the middle of my waist, jabbing me on each side. a ticklish shock ran through my body and i screamed, falling into levi's arms.

"aksel!!" i screamed and took a step forward towards him to punch him playfully.

aksel and levi both erupted into laughter after seeing my reaction.

"wazzuuupp," aksel said, grinning widely.

"god, i swear there's something wrong going on in that egg head brain of yours," i smirked.

aksel sighed and twirled his hand in the air before booping my nose with his pointer finger.

i smacked his hand away. "what the hell? are you high or something?" i giggled.

"nahh just excited for tonight, i guess," he smiled.

"yeah, me too!" i grinned.

"okay, well, i'm gonna head off now. see you two later!" he said before turning around to jog off.

"bye aksel!" levi and i both waved.

aksel's hand raised up to wave but as he turned around to look at us, he stumbled and fell onto his knees. "oh shit!" we heard him muffle into his bright purple windbreaker. he got up and brushed himself off whilst continuing to speed off. "I'M FINE, LOSERS!" he yelled.

"what a fucking idiot," i joked. "he's like a baby giraffe," i laughed.

"heh, yeah.. so hey, y/n," levi turned to face me.

"mhm?"

"do you think i could just come over to your place with you now? i'm really fucking bored and i wanna spend some time with you before the others come," he said shyly.

"of course you can, dork," i took his arm and started leading him towards the way to my house. i felt the heat rising in my cheeks and looked down to try and conceal the embarrassingly pink tint on my face.

to kill time, we decided to spend a while roaming around the stores near my house where the cafe is. we ended up spending a few hours just sitting outside of the ice cream shop, just having ice cream and talking about anything that came to mind. he was such an easy person to talk to - it felt like i could have easily told him anything and everything about myself right then and there from all my achievements, my dreams, to even my most embarrassing moments - and i was fine with it.

—————

i wiggled the key into the keyhole of my house's front door and turned it, feeling the lock release.

"here we are," i turned to give levi a small smile as i took a step inside.

he stayed still.