part 12

❂ ❂ ❂

"alright losers, get out! time to go!" aksel's voice sounded following several loud knocks on the front door.

"you ready?" levi adjusted the straps of his backpack and held his hand out to me.

"yeah," i smiled, taking his hand and looking into his eyes.

"alright, fuck yeah! let's hit the road!" he chuckled and giddily pulled me to the front door where our suitcases were.

i opened the door to see aksel leaning against the house wall - his red bucket hat covered head was tilted downwards with the brim covering his eyes. he lifted his head up slightly, although still looking down at us. he grinned with his stupid cheeky smile.

"you think you're so cool, huh," i said as i pulled my suitcase outside beside me.

he tilted his head. "oh, no. i don't think so. i know so," he said confidently.

i rolled my eyes at him and looked out at the car to see a sleeping alex sitting in the front passenger seat, resting his head against the semi rolled down window.

without even realising i was staring, i just froze. my face must have been doing something because i felt aksel place a hand on my shoulder. "hey, don't worry about him," he said. "told me he just didn't really sleep last night.

"how come?" my gaze was still resting upon him.

"don't know. apparently just 'thinking'."

"oh.. okay."

"so... are we gonna head out now or what?" levi's voice said behind me.

i snapped out of the stare. "uh, yeah! sorry, let's go."

we all made our way to the car and aksel opened up the boot for us to put our suitcases in. after storing our suitcases, levi and i slid ourselves into the backseats of the car. it seemed that the loud sound of the car doors shutting had woken up alex and he was now sleepily looking around.

"hey, alex." levi's voice was unusually deeper than usual.

alex turned around and looked at him directly in the eyes before turning back around without saying anything.

"hey, alex," i hesitantly decided to repeat after levi in a quiet monotone voice.

"hey, y/n," he said quietly in response.

i looked over at levi and he looked over at me with a face i didn't know how to comprehend. his eyes were wide and he looked almost stiff yet he definitely wasn't scared. i furrowed my brows at him with a 'what's wrong' expression and he sat there with the same expression only now it looked like he was examining my face. honestly, it was scaring me but i reached out to put my hand on his knee to make sure he was okay. he quickly turned his head to look out the window.

aksel was now in the car at this point and i guess he had turned around and saw how i looked because he was now looking at me worryingly. the only sounds heard were from songs being played from a playlist and other than that, it seemed that we were all having a silent conversation. i looked over at aksel, shrugging my shoulders slightly and forcing out a sad smile to him. he slowly glanced at levi and back at me before returning to face the front of the car.

"alright guys," he said. "we're outta here."

❂ ❂ ❂

hi everyone! thank you so so so much for all the support (we've finally past 1k reads omg)! i'm sorry this took so long to come out - i was going to release this and the next part at the same time since this one is kinda boring and the next part is where everything just kinda pops off but the writing i've done for the next part is just horrible and i'm really stuck on this one bit of it

but anyways, have this in the meantime and i'm sorry again!