part 13

time skip to when they're in la now because lol i can't write fillers for the life of me

❂ ❂ ❂

we finally arrived at the hotel we were staying at and were now in our rooms. levi and i booked a room together separate from the other boys.

"oh god, i'm exhausted," i sighed as i spread my limbs out on the bed like a star.

"didn't you get enough sleep on the plane?" levi chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"not with that damn child kicking at the back of my seat, jesus christ."

"well at least we're here now," he said, laying down next to me.

"yeah, at least i'm here with you," i smiled at him and turned to face him as he embraced me in his arms.

my eyelids felt heavy but as i slowly began to close my eyes, i heard an overemphasised gag sound at the entrance of our room.

i shot up quickly. "aksel, what the hell? what are you doing?"

"at leAst i'M hEre wITh yOu," he mocked in a high pitched voice. he tilted his head at me and pouted. "what about me?"

"you know i love you, you creep." i chucked a pillow at him which he karate chopped away, grinning.

"anyway, i'm here to tell you guys that alex and i going out for lunch to meet up with our other friends. god, i'm fucking excited to see those losers.. you guys wanna come along?"

"nah, it's okay," i giggled. "i'm sure we'll be seeing them eventually but you should go by yourselves to catch up with them."

"alright.. well, see you idiots later."

"have fun!" i called out as he left.

"i'm really glad you asked me to come here," levi said, resting up on his elbows.

"i wouldn't have come without you. not with him here."

"come here," he softly whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in.

we spent a brief moment just laying there face to face, admiring each other. all of a sudden, a smile crept up on his face and he started chuckling, turning his look away to the ceiling. he let out a deep breath.

"what?" i poked his cheek.

he remained still and quiet for a few seconds before quickly looking back at me. "i love you. you know that right?"

i froze. "you... wh- do you really?"

"yeah, and i'd do anything for you... anything." he said firmly, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

i was choked up, unable to speak. i didn't know what to think and i didn't know why i couldn't just say it back. i gently smiled and pushed myself up slightly to rest my head on his chest. to the feeling of his chest moving up and down and to the sound of his heartbeat, i let myself drift into a deep sleep.

———————

i opened my eyes to the light seeping through the thin cream coloured curtains of the hotel room. i stretched, letting out a yawn of satisfaction but realised that next to me, the bed was empty. levi was not there anymore. the bathroom door was open and the lights were off so it was clear he had left the room altogether. i reached over the side of the bed to check the time. 5:08pm. jesus fucking christ, did i really sleep for that long?

you
hey, where'd you go?

ding

i sighed. he left his phone but that must have meant he wasn't far or wasn't going to be out for long.
after freshening myself up, i realised there was a piece of paper peeking out of my bag on the floor next to the bed. as i crouched down to sit on my knees, i saw that my name was scribbled on the front in red pen on what seemed to be a page ripped out of a lined notebook. what the hell is this?

'i have to ask, did you ever feel the butterflies too?
412'

❂ ❂ ❂