I'll find love again..

-Flashback-
Spinel's POV
-
I saw the Diamonds talk to steven, I was so embarrassed! I hope they didn't see me like this... I then heard steven yell, "Goodbye!" I quickly pop out of my hiding spot to see the diamonds shoot into the sky, my heart skipped a beat. Maybe I could've gone with them, to start over, I messed up so much with earth but it seems I was to late.

I could feel my eyes water at the thought, before I could cry, Steven runs over to me and tells me, "You can start over here, some of my gem friends did try to kill me at one point, heh.." Steven said awkwardly as I cringed, "F-Fine..." I said, looking away to blush. maybe I will find love again..?
Steven's POV
-
I was happy Spinel agreed to stay here on earth, I did think of giving Spinel over to the diamonds but for some reason something in me told... me not to do it. Not yet at least..

I stand up and grab Spinel's hand, she stands up looking down at the ground. I look around me and I couldn't believe this gem could do all this... destruction.
I know she was hurt from my mom and wanted to take out of her feelings on something, well, unfortunately it was my home. Still, I don't blame her very much, she didn't even understand her own feelings. Betrayal, lies, and abuse. Such a innocent gem corrupted by my mother 6000 years ago, I knew that I had to help Spinel and give her something my mother couldn't.

We reached my house and I told the crystal gems about Spinel, they welcomed her in understandably. Spinel apologized for what she had done saying she regret it more then anything. They accepted her apology knowing how cruel pink diamond was for leaving her in that garden for that long. They eventually had to go, we had a lot of work to do for Earth. I waved them good bye and told them I would join soon.
I looked over to Spinel who was sitting on the couch and I sat next to her, "I promise you'll like it here, Spinel." I said warmly, she smiled.

"Best friends? You won't ever leave, right?"

I looked up and saw tears in her eyes, I gave her a hug and whispered, "Never. I promise," I paused, "now, let's help the others, yeah?" I let go of her, she nodded, wiping her tears.

I grabbed her hand as we laughed our way outside to help all the gems with earth, I felt happy, felt hope, felt..? No, can't be.

———
I hope you guys liked this! If you did, click that star button. Anyways that's all bye!
469 words,
-
also i'd like to explain by what spinel thinks 'love' is, in my opinion; she thinks it means that people care and enjoy being friends with her. She never thought of this word to have a romantic meaning. But don't worry, she finds out later in the story what it means when two people love each other ♡︎
————
————
————