Chapter 3: Guilty Party

Scorpia made it her responsibility to introduce Lonnie, Kyle, and Rogelio to their new rooms. She figured they'd probably be most comfortable with her anyways.

"You know it's actually pretty great that you guys came here when you did," Scorpia grinned as she led them down the hallway. "I only just got a room too, you'll be right next to me!"

"Sounds great," Lonnie said sarcastically, though Scorpia didn't really pick up on it.

"This'll be so fun! We can have sleepovers and share some hot gossip and- oh! We're here!" Scorpia stopped.

The doors themselves were huge but when Scorpia pushed them open, the others couldn't believe it. The inside was massive, filled with sofas, fountains and flowers.

"This is amazing!" Kyle ran over to the bed in the middle of the room, bouncing on the mattress and encouraging Rogelio to join him.

"This is all for us?" Lonnie asked Scorpia hesitantly.

"Well, yes but no," Scorpia explained. "This is just your room. Kyle and Rogelio's are next door."

"Wait really?" Kyle asked, wide eyed. "You mean we each get our own rooms?"

"This is...way too nice," Lonnie shook her head. Everything was too good to be true.

"Yeah well the rebellion is actually a lot nicer than they tell us," Scorpia said. "I mean I've only known these people for, like, a few days and they've been nothing but nice to me. Well, except for when they imprisoned me but-"

"Hey," Bow peaked his head into the room. "Sorry to interrupt but we were all going to go to the patio, light a fire and talk about..." He stopped short of finishing the sentence. "You guys are welcome to join us if you want."

"I don't know," Lonnie said. "We wouldn't want to make things weird."

Rogelio nodded his agreement.

"Alright, but if you change your mind, you know where to find us." He bid them farewell, and Scorpia followed soon after. When the ex-Horde soldiers were finally alone, they sat together.

"It might be fun to go with them," Kyle pointed out. "Maybe we can all get to know each other better."

Rogelio retaliated, shaking his head vigorously.

"Rogelio's right," Lonnie said. "They may be letting us stay here, but we have no idea if we can all trust each other yet." Fiddling with her fingers, she added, "With what happened, they probably won't want us there anyways."

They were silent for a moment.

"Do you think she's really dead?" Kyle asked. "I mean, maybe it's just a trick so they can surprise the people on that spaceship."

"I don't think it is," Lonnie said. "You saw the way they were reacting. It's not like they knew we were listening in."

"But-"

"She's gone Kyle," Lonnie snapped, before loosening up. "I'm sorry, it's just...she was a good friend before all this. I just wish we could've worked things out."

Rogelio put a hand on her shoulder, offering some words of reassurance. Even though she wasn't sure what he said, she still felt a little better about it.

"We were her friends too," Kyle said. His shoulders were drooping. "That's something we all have in common. I think we should share that instead of wasting anymore opportunities."

Lonnie looked up at him. "You really want to go to the patio?"

He nodded. Making sure Rogelio was on board as well, they made their way out of the room. Maybe Brightmoon wasn't home yet, but maybe they could make it one anyways.