Chapter 6: Missing Piece

As Bow led Entrapta and Perfuma to his room in the palace, he wasn't sure if what he was doing was the right call. On one hand, it's not like they needed the sword anymore but on the other...it was almost like handing over a piece of Adora, something that was in short supply these days.

"Can you really build a spaceship in one day?" Perfuma asked Entrapta.

"I didn't have plenty of time to study it when we returned from Beast Island, but I've been attempting to make one for quite some time. The difficulty is just finding compatible tech."

"Well hopefully this will work," Bow stopped in front of his door. "It's all we have."

The door creaked open and the others waited outside while Bow went in. He made his way to the dresser by his bed, opening the top drawer. Inside laid what was left of the sword of protection. The hilt was still connected to the jagged metal. He tried to ignore the red stains that were still on the edges. The runestone that used to shine so spectacularly looked dulled in the unlit room.

Taking it in his hands gently, he rejoined the others. Part of him didn't want to hand it over to Entrapta, but he did.

"Be careful with it," Bow said, to which Entrapta smiled sincerely. Her and Perfuma left to return to the clearing. Looking out the window, Bow could already see a pile of scrap metal building up. He turned to go to the training center when someone caught his eye.

Shadow Weaver, he thought. Ever since Glimmer disappeared, she had been acting really strange. He remembered how she reacted when he told her what happened to Adora. All of that suave confidence fell and she hasn't said a thing since. She just watches in the shadows, listening in to conversations. Bow really wished she'd just leave already but he wasn't about to start that fight.

Ignoring her, he left, deciding he would just go help Entrapta instead. Oddly enough, he didn't want to be on his own anymore. Especially not in a room full of weapons.

•••••

Glimmer didn't know what to expect, other than that whatever was about to happen was going to hurt.

Taken to the same room as before, she noticed the equipment was still lying as they left it: some instruments thrown to the ground, others malfunctioning and sparking. The machine that had been shoved into the scientists head had been pulled out of the wall. Glimmer was at least happy she wouldn't have to deal with that thing again.

The scientist kept a deathly grip on her. Not even prying at his fingers got him to loosen his hold. Glimmer considered biting him but before she could, he slammed the door shut, sealing them in the laboratory. Not wasting any time, he used his other hand to grab Glimmer by the hair and bang her head against the wall.

He let go of her but she was too dizzy to do anything. That, paired with her already existing headache, made for some foggy vision.

The scientist grabbed her again by the shoulder and threw her into the wall. Groaning, she tried to push against it to hold herself up when she felt two metal spikes stab into her backside. Letting out a scream of agony, Glimmer dropped to the floor.

Twisting her head, she saw that the metal prods were connected to some wiring from a machine on the wall. Bracing herself for what she guessed was coming, she saw the scientist slam down a switch on the wall.

Glimmer must of momentarily blacked out, because for a second she couldn't see and then she was writhing on the ground. The pain was different from before, more like when she had been captured by the Horde. This time though, instead of feeling the black garnets disrupting her magic, she felt her own powers fighting against her body. Every cell was on fire, lit up by the same magic she had learned to master.