Chapter 16: The Portal

Entrapta sat at Hordak's side in the lab, unaware of the events transpiring two floors above her. Instead she waited patiently for her old lab partner to wake up.

She had noticed almost immediately that Prime had retrofitted Hordak with new armor, one that would support his body but blended in with the other Horde soldiers the rebellion had encountered. It piqued her interest and she made a mental note to ask 6-32 if she could study his armor to compare once she got the chance too.

Still, as fascinating as the armor was, she couldn't shake the bad feelings she felt. Hordak should have woken up by now. His vitals were fine and yet for the first time Entrapta was doubting her data. If he was fine, then why did she get the feeling that something was very wrong here.

Glancing at the nearly-finished portal, she knew she was just missing one or two things. The sooner Hordak woke up, the sooner he could help her and get the machine fully functioning. That being the case, she really did need him to wake up now.

Looking around, her eyes landed on two jumper cables. Wandering over to them, she wondered if she could quicken the process.

"Theoretically, this shouldn't be able to kill him," Entrapta reassured herself. "I'm just going to give him a teeny-tiny shock." Placing them onto two plates of armor, Entrapta pressed a button sending a controlled wave of electricity into Hordak's body.

The clone immediately shot up, eyes wide open. They were green, unlike the red Entrapta was used to. He turned to her, ripping the cables off of his body.

"How dare you attack a disciple of Horde Prime?" He demanded. When his eyes landed on Entrapta's face, however, he faltered.

"Hordak!" Entrapta smiled. "It's me!"

"My name..." Hordak shook his head as though violently trying to get rid of the negative thoughts. "I do not have a name. Do not call me that."

"Of course you have a name," Entrapta said, rushing to her tool box. His eyes followed her.

"I shouldn't be here," Hordak stood up. "Why has my fellow brother taken me from my post? Where am I?"

"You're in Brightmoon of course," Entrapta dug through her box, throwing out tools at random. "Now where is it?"

"Brightmoon..." Images of past memories came back to him. The rebellion. The Horde. Entrapta. No, he thought, that was not me.

"Aha!" Entrapta declared, holding something up triumphantly. She went to Hordak, placing the item in his hands. "I know it doesn't really fit anymore, but if you let me do some modifications I think I could improve your current body armor tenfold."

Hordak stared at the small piece of first ones tech in his hands. He recognized this, had worn it before. Looking up at Entrapta, he remembered everything. "I shouldn't be here. My former self...it was a discredit to Prime, an imperfect blot upon his reign."

"It's like I said before," Entrapta tilted her head, "Imperfection is beautiful."

Hordak looked back down at the tech and squeezed it in his hands.

"Oh we have so much to talk about," Entrapta was bouncing around the room. "Like beast island and space!"

Hordak was watching her when he noticed the machine behind her, undoubtedly a portal of some sort. "What have you been working on?"

"That?" Entrapta turned around before her eyes widened. "That! I'm supposed to ask you about that." She sat down on the workbench Hordak has originally been laying on, patting the space beside her for Hordak to join. "I need your help. How much do you know about time travel?"