Chapter 19: 6-32

No one in that room could look away from the spot that Adora had just been. They were so close. This couldn't be right.

"What happened?" Catra asked shakily. "Did it work? I-Is she safe or not?"

"I don't know," Glimmer responded numbly.

Catra got up, grabbing Glimmer by the shoulders. "You're the magic one," She shouted in her face. "You should know. What happened to Adora?"

"Calm down," Scorpia went to Catra's side, pulling her away from the princess.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Catra shoved her away. "We should be doing something! We need to go back-"

"We can't," Entrapta shook her head. "We already ruptured the flow of time once. Returning to the same point would likely cause the stream to collapse in on itself entirely."

Catra wanted to scream at her too but couldn't. She sank down, back against the table, hugging herself closely. Scorpia sat beside her, trying her best to console her.

"Is there anything else we can do?" Glimmer asked Bow. He just shook his head, hugging her for comfort.

A knock at the door drew everyone's attention. It creaked open to reveal the general.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," She said. "But you all have a visitor."

Catra's ears perked up, tail flicking anxiously. Could she get her hopes up?

"Who...who is it?" Glimmer asked, hoping the same thing.

"6-32," The general said to everyone's disappointment. "He's at the grave sight and he refuses to leave without talking to everyone. Do you want us to ready an attack my Queen?"

"No," Glimmer said, her hopes replaced with bitter annoyance. "We don't know what he has up his sleeve. I'll meet him."

"I'm sorry but his instructions were quite clear," The general stopped her. "It's everyone or no one."

Glimmer looked back at the others. They were in no shape to be dealing with this but the longer 6-32 was on Brightmoon, the more dangerous he could potentially be.

The group left the room, Catra almost not following as she didn't feel quite ready to leave the table's side, felt guilty as if she was somehow leaving Adora.

Walking out to the garden, sure enough 6-32 was standing in front of Adora's grave. When he heard the group approaching he turned around.

"You're back," 6-32 sounded surprised, frozen in place.

"What are you doing here?" Glimmer growled, summoning her magic threateningly. She didn't bother wiping the tears from her eyes, though she hoped he didn't see them. The others took similar stances, too exhausted mentally and physically to fight, but ready for one nonetheless.

"It must of only been minutes," 6-32 thought out loud, coming closer.

"Don't," Catra warned. "Don't try anything. We told you before, you aren't welcome here." Truthfully she was just waiting for an excuse to tear into him, desperate to take her anger out on someone.

6-32 stared for a moment, before he began to laugh. Not a cruel one, not a mocking or crazed one. Just pure relief, as though the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. It was a laugh that almost sounded familiar.

"So what? You've come to gloat?" Glimmer scowled. "Well, we don't want to hear your 'I told you so's.' We don't need to hear your little time-is-fixed speech. We...we get it. You were right."