- 19 -

Present

Beverly hung up the phone on Richie and turned to face her friends. Bill looked to her and watched as she moved farther into the living room. "What did he s-say?" Bill asked. Beverly casted a glance to Eddie. "Richie said he didn't want anyone to know what happened." Eddie's eyes fell to the floor, his face unreadable.

"Eddie, Richie doesn't control you," Stan said and moved closer to him on the couch. "Tell us." Eddie closed his eyes and shook his head. "I can't tell you," he said. Stan's hands fell to his lap dramatically. "What's with the two of you?" He asked. Everyone but Beverly looked to him confused. "Richie calls Bev and I over yesterday saying he did 'something bad' and now, today, we're here with Eddie because of whatever Rich did!"

Eddie paused and stared up at Stanley. "He called you guys? Saying he did something bad?" Eddie asked. Stan and Beverly both nodded. He sighed deeply and fell into the couch, the cushions welcoming him. "Was it?" Bill asked. "Bad? I mean."

Eddie looked to the ground as he racked his brain. It wasn't.. bad, but what it made Eddie do afterwards was definitely not the greatest thing. "Yes and no."

Stan rolled his eyes and stood up. "That doesn't help us one bit, Eddie. Give us something to work with," he said as he stood in front of Eddie. Eddie threw his arms into the air. "You heard Rich! He doesn't want me to tell!"

"And you heard me! He doesn't control you!" Eddie looked up at him. "I'm not telling," he said sternly. Stan breathed out before shaking his head, looking over at the others. "I give up," he said and walked to the front door. "Call me when you figure out what Trashmouth did."

He opened the front door and Ben waved to him. "Bye, Stan..!" He called out but the door closed. Beverly breathed in and looked to the others. "That was.." she trailed off. "Interesting?" Bill finished for her. She looked to the door and nodded. "Yeah.. Interesting."

~~~

Bill and Beverly went to the kitchen to make lunch and Ben and Eddie stayed in the living room. "Are you going to talk to him?" Ben asked. Eddie didn't bother to look at him. He was just so tired of all the fighting. "If it'll get everyone to shut up about it, then yes."

Ben smiled and played with the zipper of his jacket. "That's good.." he said only to fill the silence. The giggles from the kitchen died down and Beverly appeared in the doorway. "Lunch is ready you two," she said before turning back into the kitchen. Eddie sighed and let Ben get up first. "Aren't you coming?" Ben asked and Eddie shrugged. "In a second."

Ben turned back around and went to the kitchen. Chatter flowed through the doorway, urging Eddie to follow it. He sighed deeply and let his head fall back into the couch. Eddie didn't want to move.

Confusion about.. everything swirled around in his head. Did he want to see Richie? Did he want to go home? He was even confused about if he wanted to get up and eat.

"Eddie!" Beverly called out from the kitchen. He closed his eyes and breathed in. "Coming!" he yelled back and forced himself to his feet.