- 37 -

sorry this took so long :( it's thanksgiving (in america) and i've been with family all day

two weeks later

Eddie stayed at Richie's house for two weeks undetected. It was easy to go unnoticed but Eddie still wanted to be careful. The Tozier's were never ones to pay attention to what goes on inside their house, so sneaking Eddie around and taking up twice the amount of food for snacks wasn't too difficult.

One Thursday, at the end of June, the Loser's planned to meet up at the quarry for swimming and a picnic. When Eddie and Richie got there, everyone was in the water besides Stanley, who was trying to keep the bugs away from the food. "Finally, you're here," he said when the two approached the blanket spread out on the ground. "I'm starving but Beverly said it's best if we waited until you two showed up." Eddie dropped the bag of Doritos next to the pile of other chips as Richie walked to the edge of the water.

Mike and Ben took notice of him and waved. Richie smiled and held up the bag of sour patch kids. "Guess what I got!" Beverly smiled and ran a hand through her dripping wet hair. "Really?" She asked and he nodded. "Really."

The four climbed out of the water, grabbing their towels so they wouldn't get Stan's picnic blanket wet. The sun wasn't too bad that day but Eddie still shoved sunscreen into everyone's hands. "Beverly and Richie can get lung cancer but at least we won't be getting skin cancer," he said as he gave the bottle to Mike. They all slathered it on just to keep their friend happy.

The group ate to the sound of cicadas screaming from their homes in the trees and frogs croaking at the waterside. They talked about whatever came to their minds before finishing up their lunch and jumping back into the water.

"Could you not splash me?" Stan asked, raising his arms in front of himself. "Why not? We're in the water. Don't you want to have fun, Stanley?" Eddie asked as he put his hands to the surface, threatening to splash again. "So? Being splashed isn't fun, Eddie." Richie slowly swam up behind Stan and met Eddie's eyes. A small smile slid onto his face as Richie mouthed a countdown.

1..

"Okay. Sorry, Stan," Eddie apologized.

2..

"It's fine."

3..!

Both Eddie and Richie quickly smashed their hands to the water, creating a storm around Stanley. He shrieked and attempted to splash back but the force of the two boys was greater than his. "I fucking hate you both!" He yelled out as he pushed himself away, his legs kicking up water at them. He found safety near Bill and Beverly who watched the entire thing unfold.

"You- you okay?" Bill asked and Stan nodded. "Now that I'm away from them, yes." Beverly smiled in amusement as she brought another sour patch kid to her mouth.

Eddie, wanting time keep the splashing fight going, swam over to Richie. He didn't waste a second flinging water up onto his face, watching as Richie scrunched up his nose in disgust. Richie kicked his legs out, swimming away as he splashed Eddie best he could. Eddie laughed out before quickly swimming towards Richie. "You're really getting it now, Chee," he said as he grabbed Richie's shoulders. "You started-" He yelled out but got cut off when Eddie forced him under. Richie shot a hand into the air and grabbed onto Eddie, forcing him under too.