- 23 -

Richie huffed and quickly pulled on his shoes as Stanley got his from the closet. "I don't even know where Eddie is so there's no point in leaving," Richie said as he stomped on the ground, trying to smooth out the fold in his sock. "I don't care, Richie, you need to talk to him!" He said, sitting down to put on his shoes. Richie dramatically slapped his hands against this thighs and said, "I just told you how that fucking worked out!"

"Yeah and you ran away!"

Richie pushed out a breath crossed his arms. "Eddie's not going to want to talk to me," he said. Stan closed his eyes and resisted to urge to scream in frustration. "You're so annoying! Just- just talk to him! I promise you he'll want to talk," Stanley yelled out. The room fell silent and Richie looked down to the ground, as if he was finally listening.

"Where would I even find him?" He asked as Stan stood up. "I don't know, Rich. But the good thing is it's Derry, there's not many places Eddie can be." Richie nodded, muttering out an "I guess."

~~~

Stanley yanked his bike out of the garage and rolled it down the driveway to where Richie was waiting. "Where's you bike?" He asked as he shielded his eyes from the sun. "I left it at home, genius," Richie said. "Of course you did." He dropped his hand and got onto his bike. "Let's go get it then."

Halfway through the way there, Richie got tired of walking and Stanley got tired of having to wait for him every few minutes. "Just get on the back of my bike," Stan said, rolling to a stop. Richie eyed the bike suspiciously before shaking his head. "There's no fucking way I'm doing that," he said and continued walking. "Too bad. I'm tired of having to wait for you."

Richie stopped and turned around to look at Stanley. "Fucking fine." He walked back to Stan and stood by him, his eyes studying the bike. "How am I supposed to do this?"

Stan's lips parted slightly as he thought. "Just.. get onto the handles," he said, his hand slapping them. Richie sighed and made sure Stanley had a good grip on the bike before climbing on. He gripped the handles hard and made sure his legs were out of the way of the wheel. "I don't fucking like this," Richie said as he shifted. "Then stop moving."

Stan pushed off, the bike wobbling before he managed to balance it. "Fuck, fuck, fuck this!" Richie yelled out, his body stiffening as Stanley zipped down the street. "Beverly and Bill did this. Calm down," Stanley said, peddling faster. "Yeah! Fucking Bev and Bill! They actually care about each other!" Stanley raised an eyebrow and glanced to Richie's back. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

Richie was about to respond when Stanley jerked the bike handles around. A scream erupted from Richie's throat as he smacked Stan's arm. "FUCK YOU!" He yelled, his legs kicking out. Stanley couldn't help but smile at Richie's fear. "I fucking hate you!"

"You're fine, Richie."

"No I'm fucking not!"

~~~

Richie finally got Stan to stop the bike. He hopped off and stumbled forward before spinning around. "You could've killed me, dude!" He said. Stan folded his arms on the handles and shrugged. "You look fine," Stan said as he eyed Richie. He flipped Stan off and turned around, continuing down the sidewalk.

The two got to Richie's house soon afterwards. "Well shit," Richie said when he noticed the car parked in his driveway. "What?" Stan asked and Richie motioned to the car. "My fucking dad's home. He's going to know I left the house," Richie explained and Stanley looked down at his watch. "It's only 4:30, maybe he just arrived home?" He suggested and dropped his hand to his bike handle. "Maybe.. I'll just go in through my window, he's too lame to know."

Stanley waited on the sidewalk and watched as Richie jumped for the first branch. He climbed the tree and scrambled onto his roof. He stood on the slope, breathing out quickly and turned to look down at Stanley. He threw a thumbs-up Stanley's way before shuffling to his window.

It's always unlocked, never knowing when he'd need to sneak back inside his house. His hands slid against the glass, a loud squeak coming from them. He groaned lightly and forced his fingers under the sill, forcing the window open.

He stuck his legs in first, waving them around until they hit floor before slipping the rest of his body inside. He blinked and let his eyes adjust from the bright sunlight to the dark room. He smoothed out his shirt and stepped farther into his room.

"Rich?"