Part 8- Humans

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the 15th time as the boys searched the crowd for "Toras next victim." I mean seriously? Victim? They couldn't have used something more fitting like encounter? Or even subject? My brain wondered. But it was interesting what the old man talked about... huh and I have such bad manors I never even got his name. I chuckled to myself, which caught Fawkes attention. He abandoned his spot by Dreu to which, Gourney quickly filled in for him with a smile on her face. I grinned at her smile for him before turning my attention to Fawkes. "So when will I be able to get a ride on the famous Damin?" Fawkes smiled as if he wasn't joking. I stared at him in shock. "You are pulling my leg aren't you?" I remarked. His smile fell and I rolled my eyes at his intangible question. "No, you can't." I huffed out. Fawkes face fell and he scratched the back of his neck. "Ah, well I guess another time." He blushed. I just shrugged and walked faster trying to get away from him. "What in the demons crawlers?" My mind fancied the idea of Damin flipping Fawkes off his back. Just as fast as the image was thrown into my mind, it was quickly removed when Dreu walked up beside me. "He doesn't mean harm hey? He just wants to get to know you without getting clawed." I snickered before replying "It won't be the claws he gets, it'll be a foot, fist, and elbow until it gets bruised into his smart orange head that I'm not interested in suitors at this moment." Dreu's jaw dropped before he snapped it shut after a skeptical glance from me. "Ah ha ha. That was a good one." Dreu cackled at me. I just stood there looking at him as if he had rats running his brain. He skipped ahead to Gourney. "What did I say wrong?" I arched an eyebrow. Oh well, let's see if this human eye contact thing works." I reached into my soul and gently released the strings from their tight knot, bringing out my power and caramel eyes. The group sensed this just as I opened my lids and walked past them towards the edge of the crowd. I tied my hair into a thick messy ponytail with a piece of dark red velvet twine. I stood at the edge of the crowd with my head lowered until I took a deep breath and met a pair of bright blue eyes.

My breath hitched as I continued to look at them head on. The owner of the blue eyes took one glance at my Carmel browns and glanced down. I choked on my saliva before rushing out of the crowd. As I ran, I met the eyes of a girl with deep browns. Her eyes widened before turning her head a completely different direction. I slowed down and walked to a pub. I walked in and instantly was hit by the smell of cheap alcohol and sweat. My senses turned up in disgust. I walked to the bar and made contact with the tender. "Water, please." He glanced down before filling a cup with water. "Of course m'lady" he kept his gaze lowered. I was beyond fed up at this point. "Look me in the eyes." I said. He glanced up at me but wasn't looking me directly in the eyes. I scowled and made to move but someone shoved me back into my seat. "I want my money damnit!" I heard from behind. My anger was crawling along my body and my blood seemed like it was boiling. The brute who was pushed around must have felt the heat of my body because he backed up. "AHAHAAHA you scared already you coward?" came from the drunk. I slowly turned in my chair and the drunk mans face fell and he instantly looked down. I stalked closer to the shaking man. "Sober the fuck up." I spat at him before walking away. The man stopped shaking and gained his confidence back. I felt him coming for me so I stepped to the side and watched him fly by and smash into the wall. "Take this as a warning." I said through my teeth before walking out.

The fresh air cooled me down instantly and I felt better. I made my way back to the villa that the old man lived in. I walked through the door and started towards the bathroom. As if someone knew I was coming, I smiled at the hot water. Thinking not much on it I filled the brass tub. I soaked for a good while before thinking this is was what luxury felt like. "To bathe like this everyday... I can't imagine." I twirled my hair into sections so that when it dried it was left in tight curls. I closed my eyes for a bit... "I wish I could be surrounded by this heat forever." I sighed in content  and kept twirling my hair. My heart skipped a beat and I sat up blushing. "What in the seven seas was that!?!" I tried to calm down my racing heart but it felt near impossible. Just then the door burst open and Fawkes walked through the door in only a towel. I sat there for a second contemplating on screaming or yelling. He didn't seem to notice me but when he turned around his jaw dropped and his face went beat red. "I.. I uh I mean.." he stuttered over his words. I kept myself covered by hugging my knees to my chest and the bubbles around my body. All I said was "towel" and he stood there for a second before understanding what I said. His lead feet suddenly started moving and he grabbed the towel from beside the tub and turned around. I quickly got out watching his back the whole time before wrapping the towel around my nude body. It was my turn to blush beat red. I let out a huff of embarrassment. "Why the actual bloody hounds is this towel so SHORT?!?" My mind raced. "Everything-" Fawkes started before turning around. He shut up as soon as he saw how much of my legs were showing and how short the towel was. "FAWKES!" I shouted at him and he turned around again. "Even the back of his neck turns red." I smiled. I moved past him before going through the door. I could feel his gaze on my retreating figure. But I left it alone and tuned it out. Once back in the room that me and the girls shared I tried to quickly dry off but I heard footsteps coming towards the room, and quickly wrapped the towel around myself. "I'm sorr-" Fawkes started but he saw me and once again blushed. My anger peaked and somehow the door slammed shut without either of us touching it. I stared at it in shock. I shook my head convincing myself it was the wind, before slipping into the black suit. To any normal person I might look like a paid assassin or a hitman but to anyone supernatural... I looked dangerous and untouchable. I suited up the blades, and tugged on my boots. I sat in the sun for a second relishing the warmth and how it dried my hair up. I was getting quite impatient these days because I huffed when I reached back and touched my damp hair. I sat there for a second and remembered how the door shut on it's own. "If that's the case..." I smirked. "Dry" I said out loud. I reached back, excited to feel smooth hair but turned sour when my hair was still wet. "Ughh" I loosed out.