Clear (Updated 12-14-23)

Later that day after far to many glasses of wine and needing at least two pots of coffee to sober up, Charlotte was walking the grocery store with a list in her hand and pushing the shopping cart

Later that day after far to many glasses of wine and needing at least two pots of coffee to sober up, Charlotte was walking the grocery store with a list in her hand and pushing the shopping cart. Her blue eyes so trained on the paper that she didn't see the boy in front of her. She crashed the cart into him and the bag of rice in his hand dropped, exploding open.

"Oh shit!" The boy groaned and turned his head to see the woman.

"I am so sorry!" Charlotte gasped and dropped to her to help him try to clean up the mess as much as possible.

"It's okay. I was spacing out." The boy blushed eyeing the beautiful woman in front of him.

"I wasn't looking either. Charlotte. Charlotte Frost." She smiled and held out a hand, her smile turning confused at the snort he gave.

"I know. It's been a long time, Lotti." The boy grinned and Charlotte took a closer look at his face.

It took her longer than she was prepared to admit but the cheeky grin and mischief filled eyes were all to telling. It didn't matter how tall the boy had somehow grown in a few months. She would know that bright grin and those dimples anywhere. 

"No way! Seth?! Look at you! You've gotten so big!" Charlotte laughed and hugged the boy, choosing to ignore how the top of his head now came up to her nose instead of at her chest. 

"Thanks! It's been a few months! Heard you came around a few times!"

"I tried to visit, but Sue said you were off with friends from school." Charlotte whacked his arm playfully.

"Yeah, Leah said you had been pretty mad I missed you so many times." Seth snickered and gestured towards the height difference between them, "Are you getting shorter?"

"Oh shush! I am still taller!" Charlotte giggled and stand straight up. She was in fact at least three inches taller.

"For now." Seth smirked and waved down an employee, "Sorry man. You got a broom?"

The employee sneered at him and shoved passed.

"Damn. Someone is pissed." Seth muttered.

"Saw him a few aisles away cleaning kid vomit. They got into the coffee grounds and ate a whole bunch before puking everywhere. Poor guy." Charlotte shook her head.

"Who eats straight coffee grounds?" Seth was stunned and grossed out.

"Kids. They do crazy things. Like you used to." Charlotte smirked, "You once ate a whole tub of playdough."

"What?! No I didn't!" Seth blushed.

"Oh yes you did! I still have the picture of you in the clinic with your head in the trash can." Charlotte laughed.

"You kept that?" Seth mumbled embarrassed.

"Uh huh. Now. Let's make sure this gets cleaned up. I will pay for it."