1.3 Awake

Charlie Swan stepped inside the hospital room quietly and almost collapsed in relief at the sight of Charlotte looking back at him

"Hey there, baby girl."

Charlotte lifted a hand weakly and waved best she could.

"You had me really worried you know? Can't scare an old man like that. Might have a heart attack." Charlie chuckled and sat down in the chair next to her.

Charlotte hummed and tried to reach for him. He took her hand and held it tightly.

"I was so worried. You and Bella really know how to keep me in a panic. Speaking of Bella... She is out in the waiting room too. Carlisle only wants one visitor at a time for a bit. She will see you next." Charlie smiled, "You have quite the crowd out there. Ms. Carlos caught Paul picking up some clothes for me and forced him to bring her. She has been flirting really hard with poor Billy."

Charlotte tried her best to giggle.

"The Clearwaters are here too. Leah nearly punched a nurse trying to get in here. They wouldn't let anyone see you for a couple days besides me and Bella. Carlisle finally gave in and let her when she threatened to bite his arm off. She practically patrolled the whole floor." Charlie snorted, "Like a damn guard dog."

The door opened again and Carlisle came in with a clipboard, a nurse trailing behind him with a tray of 'food'. If that's what you call it.

"Hello, Charlie. Charlotte. I am sorry to interrupt, but I wanted to make sure she got a little something to eat before we try to run any tests."

"Tests? I thought she was okay."

"Don't worry, Charlie. Everything looks good beside her memory loss of the incident. I believe it is just due to the shock she experienced and she will eventually remember it. But I have to run a few tests to be sure. After that she will be discharged as we have already discussed. Just a few precautions."

"Here you go, deary. Your uncle will have to help you though. The IVs can't be moved to much. I am sorry it isn't very good, but it's the best we have. Chicken noodle soup and orange jello. If you feel sick at all just press this red button here. My name is Kathie and you can call for me anytime, okay?" The kind nurse smiled and set the tray on the small table next to Charlie. She was an older woman with thick smile lines around her eyes and lips, brown eyes warm and loving. She was busy instructing Charlie on how much he could feed her while Carlisle started checking on the equipment around her.

"Hmm... Everything seems in order, but I still want a few tests done. Just a few scans. Charlie, I will let Bella come in for a bit. Visiting hours end at 7:30 tonight. Only two at a time in here though. I don't want her being to crowded. Miss Clearwater demands to be in here after Bella. Along with Mr. Lahote."

"Thank you, Carlisle."

By 10:30 the next morning Charlotte was being moved into Charlie's cruiser, Paul lifting her up and setting her gently into the back seat. Leah hovering behind him glaring harshly at the male nurse who had tried to help. Sadly he wound up hurting her by moving her sore arm (Charlotte had decided she hated IVs). Now he was suffering the silent wrath of a female wolf.