1.23

"Is it true?" 

Charlie had just sat down with a slice of cold pizza and beer when his niece burst through the front door. He stared at her wide eyed for a moment rather confused until three men appeared behind her in his doorway. Charlie sighed and knew he wouldn't get to enjoy his peace and quiet any time soon. 

"Hi, Uncle Charlie. How was your day, Uncle Charlie?" the man rolled his eyes and sat his meal down on the coffee table so he could wave the Kings inside. 

Charlotte scoffed at him and stood in front of him with piercing eyes while her mates hovered in the back ground. 

"Hi, Uncle Charlie." she muttered darkly and Charlie wondered just how far he could push her buttons before she knocked him on his ass.

"Well, hello there!" he smirked at her and leaned back on the couch. 

"How was your day, Uncle Charlie?" Charlotte hissed.

"It was good. How about yours?" Charlie shrugged and reached over to crack open his beer. Might as well roll with the punches now.

"Entertaining. I heard a fun little rumor today." Charlotte started tapping her foot and Charlie almost choked as he saw the Kings looking her over from behind. 

"Rumors tend to be untrue." he tilted his head back and forth as if considering something.

"So is it a rumor?" Charlotte now had her hands on her hips and Charlie could see the visible amusement on her mates' faces.

"I don't know. What was it that you heard?" he shrugged again and took a long sip, keeping eye contact with his niece.

"You're retiring?" She questioned, her eyes narrowed so tightly he could barely see the blue hue. 

"I am old. Have given 20 years to the force. I don't see why I can't start relaxing." his lips curled into a cheeky grin knowing he was coming close to the edge.

"Are you moving?" Charlotte leaned forward as if daring him to answer. It reminded him of the look she gave him as a child before throwing a full temper tantrum. 

"I was considering it." he hummed and reached over to grab his slice of pizza. 

"Where to?" Charlotte snorted but they both knew she already knew the answer. So why not have some fun with his answer?

"I hear Italy has some lovely nude beaches. Might find myself a piece of action." he wiggled his brows at her with a playful grin.

"Charlie!" Charlotte shrieked and looked behind her quickly to see her mates' faces. 

Caius looked like he was going to explode in laughter, Marcus had a hand placed calmly over his lips to conceal a grin, and Aro had a lazy smile on his face. They each raised the same eyebrow at her and she snorted at the action. Of course they each lifted the same brow. Of course. How cliche could this soul brother thing get? Did her and Paul do the same things too? Or would that also take hundreds of years to develop?

"You asked." Charlie chuckled and nibbled at his pizza. 

Charlotte sighed in defeat and Charlie almost choked when he realized he had actually won their banter this time. He almost never got the last word. 

"So you're really retiring and moving to Volterra?" Charlotte sat in her favorite chair and Charlie rolled his eyes when the Kings move to hover behind her. 

With a sigh he placed his beer and pizza down and sat straight up, "Yeah."

"Why? You've never left Forks. You love your job." Charlotte frowned. 

"I do love my job. And I have never left Forks. But I love you and Bella. If you're leaving I am going too." Charlie had a strange look in his eye. One she had seen only a few times in her life. 

"Charlie..." 

"Not right away. I have some cases I need to finish first. And Bella is getting married here. Once she is married and... changed... they are moving to some little coastal town in France. I will be going to Volterra after the wedding. I will be close to you, safe in the city because there is no vampires hunting, and close enough to visit Bella once she is out of the crazed newborn phase." Charlie waved his hand as he talked as if it all was fine and dandy.

"How are you going to move? You don't actually have the greatest savings." Charlotte cringed slightly bringing up money. It had always been a touchy subject for Charlie.

"Your ever so generous Kings over there have offered to handle it all for me. Even got my own team of vampire movers to pack up." Charlie had a pointed gaze as he looked over her shoulder.

Charlotte spun around with an open mouth to her mates. Caius smirked and lifted his hand to gently close her mouth. 

"You'll catch flies, Angel."

Charlotte blushed and playfully smacked away his hand so she could turn back to Charlie, "You're letting them pay for it? The whole move?"

"And the house. Nice little place a few blocks from the castle." Charlie chuckled. 

"Wait? Castle?" Charlotte again turned to face the Kings and Aro nodded. She would be talking to them about that one later,"Never mind. You're letting them buy you a house? That isn't like you." Charlie hated when people bought him presents or even paid for a cup of coffee. 

"And it's like me to let three men pursue my niece?" he challenged and she had to give it to him. He was handling her whole soul mate thing pretty well for someone who had more than once scarred a few boys for life. The memory of the gun and prom reentered her mind. 

"Not like you have much choice, Charlie." Aro hummed and started inspecting the fibers of Charlotte's chair. He knew how much she enjoyed the chair and wanted to make sure he could find similar pieces for her chambers. 

"Don't remind me." Charlie scowled and picked his beer back up to chug it.

"Charlie... this is a huge decision." Charlotte was in disbelief. This couldn't really be happening.

"A huge decision that we came to while you were still recovering." he thought back to when he first met the Kings in the forest behind the hospital.

"You have been planning this for that long?" her mouth fell open again, but she shut it quickly when she saw Caius's hand coming back to close it.

"Why do you think I have been doing so much over time? I have to finish out my cases and select someone to take over for me once I leave. And I already have a buyer for the house." Charlie seemed so calm about it all. 

"What?! Who?!" Charlotte's heart shattered at the thought of losing her childhood home.

"Ah, yes. That would be us." Marcus spoke and Charlotte wanted to slap that stupid sexy smirk off his face. How were they all so damn attractive?

"So... it's all figured out then?" Charlotte sank into her chair and let all the new details swim around in her head.

"Yep. Every detail. And you can't tell me no because you're not my wife nor my mother." Charlie smirked at her. 

There was a moment of silence as Charlotte absorbed all the new details of her life into her mind. Charlie was leaving the force. Bella was moving to France after the wedding. Charlie was selling the house to her mates. Her mates are buying or have already bought a house for Charlie. In Italy. Charlie was moving. Then the biggest piece sank in. She wouldn't be leaving Charlie behind... 

"I can go..." she whispered and looked up at her mates who each smiled softly.

"Yes, dear." Aro cooed and ran his fingers through her hair.

"You can come home." Marcus whispered in her ear. 

"With us." Caius finished. 

-------------------- Author's Note ------------

I really don't like doing little Author's notes but I had to. Guys, I choked on my own spit because I laughed to hard while writing this. Charlie is such an underrated character. He has so much sass and personality that people just over look. He is literally my favorite character in Twilight (besides the sexiness that is the Kings and Jasper).