The Bonds

"Yo! What up, my peeps!" Hawthorne grins and waves happily, "It's been a while, huh? Well I hope you missed me. What am I saying... Of course you did! Alright, time for another lesson! Someone asked why I do these things. Well, Author Lady has lots of information in these chapters and sometimes people forget them. This story has lots of little Easter eggs in it that you need to know about. So she made sure I do these in case people forget. This is going to be a long series and people might have to go back and remind themselves about something. My little lessons are meant for that. So... Let's get to it!

Bonds! Bonds are very important in the supernatural world and Master Marcus is able to see those bonds. There are hundreds of kinds of bonds, but let's focus on the ones we need to know right now. Soul mates, whether human, wolf, vampire or otherwise are ALWAYS gold. Whether pure gold or have a gold aura. Wolf shifters have a white imprint bond that is only shared through their kind. This white bond has a aura around it. This aura is tinted in the shade of the type of bond. Gold for mates. This is the kind of bond between Sam Uley and Emily Young.

There is also the white with pink aura of Quil and Claire and also Paul and Charlotte. The pink color is very similar to the red family bond. This is meant for those who are as close to being family as they can be without sharing blood. The red represents blood. Those who share blood have a red bond. This is shown between many characters, Seth and Leah having such a bond. Now bonds are almost never one color. Some bonds have an aura along with it or swirl with different colors. For example, Alec and Jane of the Volturi have a bright red bond for family but it has a silver aura.

The silver is a coven bond. We have learned that this silver color also connects wolf packs though theirs is a darker silver. However, even though Alec and Jane are brother and sister they also share a different type of family bond. The twin bond. Twins have not only a red bond, but also a rose gold. Twins have a special bond between them that links them through not just blood but soul. So Alec and Jane have a red, rose gold and silver bond. Family, twin, and coven.

There is also a blue, black, purple, and brown bond that are important.

The blue bond links friendship. Many of us have these bonds. The darker the blue the deeper the friendship. Brown is a muddied bond. Rivals or bad relationships sour the bonds and they turn brown. This is the bond shared by Charlie and Renee. Their once purple bond, a lovers bond, has turned brown due to their divorce. Master Marcus is capable of seeing through the brown and telling exactly what the former bonds were. He is the only bond seer capable of this. Though he is also the only one known to have be able to see every kind of bond. Most are only able to see one kind. However...

The black bond is the most feared. A black bond is only shared through true enemies. Pure hatred. Master Marcus has revealed to me once that he has only seen a black bond three times in his life. Once between the Romanians and Volturi, he hasn't told me what the others were though."

Hawthorne leans back in his chair and looks out the window, "Well I hope that helps you out a bit. If you're ever confused just come on back here to me."