Secrets, lies and...waffles?

hey! Long time since update! Sorry!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Amber! "

I looked away from my locker and saw Hailey running down the hall. Her wavy hair was flying behind her and she had a huge smile plastered on her face.

" Hey Hails. " I chirped once she was closer.

" You ready to go? " she asked, leaning against the lockers.

I shoved the rest of my binders inside my locker. " What do you mean? "

" You didn't forget did you? " Hailey gasped. She looked around around the hall before leaning closer like she was about to gossip a deep dark secret. " We have that thing...after school... "

Everything seemed to click. Hailey had her duffel bag today. I slapped my hand to mouth with a loud slap. It's been a week and it's time to go back. More importantly, Hailey is the only one who knows. 

" Oh crap, I forgot to tell- "

" Hey girls. " A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. I looked over my shoulder at a smirking Zach. Chase and Cole were behind him wearing similar smirks.

" Hey! " I blushed and pushed his arms away. I was not used to this and I don't think I'll ever be.

" I'm driving you home today, right? " Adrian asked.

I turned my head back to Hailey who had her mouth slightly apart. I shook my head a little. Zach doesn't know where we're going and I don't plan on telling him. I couldn't tell anyone else. Not after what happened years ago.

" Actually... " I walked over to Hailey's side to face the three boys with my best fake smile. Zach could read my so easily; hopefully I can hoax him this once. " I have to somewhere with the girls. " As if one cue, Macey, my second closest friend came running down the hallway yelling our names.

" Amber! Hailey! Hurry up! Cammie is waiting for us! " Once Macey was by our side, she bent over to catch her breath. Macey and Cammie our also my really close friends. Sadly, Macey continued talking, not noticing the guys. " I brought my stuff for later. Did you guys bring your- " Macey abruptly stopped as she stared at the floor. I followed her gaze to the guys' shoes that were standing right in front of us. Macey slowly straightened herself to look at the guys.

" Oh...Hi guys. " Macey greeted them in a timid voice. 

Zach crossed his arms over his chest with a raised eyebrow. Chase came to his side doing the same. " Where you girls off to? " Chase quizzed.

Cole stepped forward and looked at the three of us.

Crap.

" Uh..." I glanced over at the girls. We all looked like a dear caught in headlights. An excuse finally popped in my head a second later. Much to my dismay, so did Hailey and Macey since we blurted out all our lies at the same time.

" Walk in the park! "

" Get some fresh air! "

" Waffle house! "

Hailey and I snapped our head in Macey's direction.

Waffle house? What?!

Macey Olsen everybody. Leave it to her to hand us over right handed. Macey's face flushed deeply as she said ' Sorry ' with her eyes.

" Well, which is it? " Cole asked in a teasing voice. Chase was smiling like her broke us and Zach was drumming his fingers on his crossed arms smirking. Macey looked at Hailey, who looked at me, causing the guys to do the same. I took a deep breathe and refrained from biting my lip. I wasn't bad at lying, but Zach could read me like an open book. Biting my lip was a habit of mine when I was nervous. Looping my arms with, Macey and Hailey, I gave them the best poker face I could muster.