Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping...

        "Mmmm..." I groaned. My head was hurting, and my bed felt unusually warmer than usual. I tried to get up, but then I realized that... Ciel was holding me! Suddenly, the events of last night came rushing back into my head bringing a wave of nausea with it. I tried to get out of Ciel's firm hold on me without waking him up. But it was hard with how dizzy I was.

        "Haru?" Ciel asked sleepily. I froze and looked up. There, Ciel was looking at me with his half closed and a sleepy haze over them. Oh God, why did you have to make him look so sexy right now? I thought.

        "Oh... H-hey Ciel... Good morning?" I said awkwardly. I began to blush because his arms were still around me.

        "Wha-What? Morning?" Ciel looked down and he seemed to finally realize the position we were in. "W-w-w-w-whoa!" He backed up so far that he fell out of my bed.

        "A-are you ok?" I hurried to the edge of the bed to see Ciel looking at me with a shocked/scared expression. If you looked close enough, you could see that his cheeks were tinted with a slight shade of pink. Is he blushing?

        "Why was I? Were we? What? Ugh.... Owww...." Ciel raised a hand to his head and began to massage it. I think his memories of last night are coming back. "Oh... I was watching over you and fell asleep..." He said, still rubbing his head.

        "Y-yeah..." I looked away.

        "Your forehead..."

        "Yeah..."

        "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

        "But why 12/14/1885? Why such an old date? Do you know anything about this? Ciel, did anything happen then?" I asked eagerly.

        "..." Ciel stayed quiet. He's hiding something...

        "Ciel..." I warned.

        "December 14... It's my birthday..."

        "What?"

        "On the year 1885... Phantomhive Manor burned down... along with my parents... Or so I thought."

        "What do you mean?" I tried to look up into Ciel's eyes, but his hair was blocking his face.

        "I-it's nothing... You don't need to know right now," He said and he looked up into my eyes. His eyes seemed to be pleading me to stop asking him questions about his past. Maybe his past is a painful one.

        "Then..." I hesitated, pondering whether to ask this question or not. "Will... Will I ever be able to find out what it means?"

        "Maybe... In time, maybe..." He told me. Ciel got up and then left the room.

〜♥︎〜

        "Haru... Haru... HARU!" I snapped out of my trance and looked up at Izzy. She was tutoring me since Ciel "called in sick."

        "Y-yes?" I asked. I was caught day-dreaming about Ciel. I've been doing that a lot lately... and it's always about Ciel...

        "Tomorrow you'll be taking the exam to get into school. So, please, pay attention," Izzy told me.

        "Sorry... there's just been a lot on my mind lately." I touched my forehead, which was now wrapped with a bandage to conceal the date on my forehead.