Chapter 10

Turns out. . . The Undertaker lives in London. . .

We were taking my private jet there. We left at 9:39, so we got there around six in the evening. Private jets do have their perks. But during the entire trip, Ciel slept like a kitten, Grell flirted with Sebastian, and Sebastian had to defend hmself from Grell. I, on the other hand, was very bored. I never liked heights so I couldn't look outside the window. I couldn't fall asleep, for I was too afraid of seeing that monster again. Internet wasn't allowed on the plane. So that left me with books. . .

There were romance novels, manga, adventure books, and comedy books.

"Ugh," I complained.

"Lady Haru what is wrong?" Sebastian asked while shoving Grell away.

"Well. . . I'm bored. There's nothing to do!" Sudddenly Grell stopped flirting with Sebastian. instead, he went straight for a pile of books on one of the tables of the jet.

"Here." He handed me a book, "Read this." I looked at the book. It looked so old. . . The title on the front was hardly readable. But I could make out the words, "Tale-", "of-", "Reaper."

"What?" I looked up at Grell, searching his eyes for an explanation. Grell simply smiled and winked. Then, he went into the bathroom, or what I think is the bathroom. I studied the cover once more. The front cover looked plain, although it was well faded. (A/N : the media shows what the book might look like) The pages were yellow and showed signs of bad ownership. But the pages were hard and made crackling noises when you turned them. . . I like those kinds of pages. I looked at the front cover to discover that the author's name could be some-what read. His name was faded but that wasn't the problem. . . The letters were in english. I could speak a little bit of english. . . But reading was a different story.

"Tuh. . . tuh huh? Oh! Th. . . Thoh? Thohm? Thumb? Oh! Ok. Thumb is his first name. Geez. . . Americans have weird names." I glared at the name and silently hoped it would turn into Japanese. Suddenly, my brain pieced together what this author's last name was. "Thumb Wall Is!" I danced in my seat with excitement.

Sebastian walked over to me. "My lady. . . I don't think, that, that name is Thumb Wall Is. May I have a look at the cover?" He asked. I handed him the book and he began to study it. Sebastian made a sour face as he read the cover. "I don't think you'll want to read this book," He finally said.

"What? Why?" I asked in confusion. Sebastian shook his head.

"Nevermind. The author's name is Thomas Wallis. . . My lady," Sebastian walked into the kitchen, or area where all the food is stored. I stared at the wall, wondering why everyone was walking away to mysterious places.

"Thomas Wallis, huh?" I asked myself. I opened the book, taking in the scent of worn - out pages, and began to read.

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

When we reached the London Airport, I had almost finished reading the book. I was so engrossed in the plot, I hadn't noticed anyone or anything around me. I could feel the main character's feelings, Will's love for the human maiden. The tension between reaper and reaper. The odd thing was, the main character, Will, had a best friend named Grell. This Grell in the book, was terrifyingly close to the description of the Grell that was on the plane with me.