Chapter 2 - The Sacred Detectives

The next day, I told my family the news. An outcry of excitement aroused the room.

"Oh, my God, dear, I'm so proud of you!" Mom said, hugging me.

"I can't believe that you got in," Rafe said, slapping me on the back.

"We have to celebrate this," Dad replied.

"Congrats, Felicia." Said Uncle Charles, moving his wheelchair towards us.

I went to my closet and changed into my new and improved Black Cat costume. 

I was ready to meet my recruits

"Rafe, Yuki." I turned to the 2. "I want you to be my recruits."

Rafe was speechless.

"Felicia, are you sure about this?" He asked.

"Trust me. It'll be fine - this is going to be a fun day of your life. You control elements; now, you're on my team."

I typed the R.I.P.D Team Room on my watch and looked at Mom.

"Enjoy your first training day, honey. Have fun." Mom said.

"Bye, Mom. We'll be back, I promise." I replied.

I pressed OK and we were teleported to the inside of the Team Room.

~

Phil came in and said, "Your recruits are here, Detective Hardy."

"Bring them in so I can get a good look at them," I commanded.

I was full of excitement. This has to work perfectly. No drama, no tantrums, nothing. The first person that came in was Peter, dressed in his clothes from the photo in his file.

"Wow, this place is so cool!" Peter exclaimed as he came in.

"You don't say," I replied.

The next person was Hellboy, smoking a big cigar in his mouth. It smelled so bad, I had to cover my nose. I hate smoking.

"You must be Black Cat." He says, looking very out of shape.

"Yes. And you must be Hellboy." I replied.

The 2 recruits stood in a line. Rafe joined them. The 3rd person was similar.

"And who are you?" I asked the person.

"I'm Bruce Banner," Bruce replied.

I was pale. This was the guy who transforms into the Hulk.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Doctor Banner."

Bruce had curly brown hair, glasses, a purple T-shirt, the sleeves rolled back, brown trousers and black shoes. His eyes were a brown colour and more dangerous, and his skin looked a shade of cream. Then, I knew that 2 people were missing.