Chapter 8 - Spies

We went to the R.I.P.D to test the Chaos Emeralds. All had colours on them and there's only 7. Dad and Uncle Charles were also here to help us too, and I had to help Yuki to control my firepower. I was cross-legged and eyes closed. My hair was tied in a ponytail down my back.

"Breath in," Yuki instructed. We breathed in. "Breath out." We breathed out.

I repeated the same instruction, and I felt as if I did it wrong. Soon, my breathing was too fast as I had images from yesterday, making my head sweat.

"Slow down, Felicia," Yuki said.

"I can't," I replied.

"Think of a good memory or something you enjoy."

What came up in my head was Mom. That just made it worse.

"Felicia, stop! You're not controlling yourself!" Yuki shouted.

I opened my eyes and gasped, seeing myself on fire. I sighed, sadly.

"I can't control it, Yuki! If it's not used to me, I'm not used to it." I wailed.

"You were thinking of her. Don't let her death overthrow you too much - again." She replied.

We tried again - still no use. It took a while for my fire to go out.

"I'll never control it!" I said as we went out of the room.

"You will - you're not being patient enough," Yuki replied.

"What if I can't get used to it?"

"Keep trying."

"SO, how'd it go?" Tom asks, finding us.

"Do you need to ask that?!" I exploded, my hands set on fire. 

I sighed, trying not to be that harsh. 

"Sorry, Tom. I tried this time." I said, sadly.

"Don't worry. When Black Cat comes back, we'll get it done." He replies.

That sentence made me sick. I wish I was a feline woman again. Everyone's concerned about Black Cat too much. I hope no one mentions her again, because I'll scream out why. Once everyone got together, we walked into our base...

"THEY'RE GONE!" Thor shouted, slamming his hand on the table.

"They were just here... how is that possible?!" I exclaimed, looking around the room.

NO Chaos Emeralds were on the table.

"They can't be stolen," Peter said.

"Unless..." I muttered, then raised my normal voice and turned to the others. "This can only mean one thing... one of us on this team is a spy!"

There were gasps all around.

"Peter, get Phil and Charles in here now!" I commanded.

He dashed off to find the pair and came back with them 50 minutes later.

"What took you so long?" Tom said.

"Went around the whole thing twice to find the Top Wing," Peter replied.

"What's going on, Felicia?" Uncle Charles asked, curious.

"Peter told us there was an emergency," Phil replied.

I elaborated on what happened. Their faces went pale.

"Now, before we start accusing and pointing the finger at people, we have to be certain that every one of us is not a spy. Anyone here would have to betray us; someone who wants the emeralds for themselves." I said.