Chapter 4 - Yeah, Girl, It Stinks

The next day, I wasn't myself anymore: I left Mom there to die. She had to go too soon. When I got changed, I looked into the mirror to notice that my hands... are on fire!

"My hand are on fire," I said, calmly.

I looked again - my hand ARE on FIRE.

Screaming like a maniac, I started shaking my hands. But I stopped to realize that there must be some mistake. How can my hands be on fire when I haven't done anything? I heard the door open, and Yuki was here.

"Hi, Felicia, how are y... Whoa! How did this happen?" Yuki shouts appealed.

"I don't know! First Mom, and now this!" I replied.

Then, I pointed to a painting, sending a small ball of fire straight at it. It caught on fire; I went and grabbed the fire extinguisher and aimed it at the fire, cooling it down. I thought that it was a dream, but this is real.

"Where's Bruce?" I asked, knowing that there's only one good scientist.

"He's in the lab. Busy on new weapons for us." She replied.

"Tell him I'll be there in 10 minutes."

I burst open the door and ran to Bruce. He had a startled expression on his face.

"Bruce! I need you to do a test on me." I said.

"What? Are you serious?" Bruce asked.

I showed him my hands caught on fire, still.

"Go into the Test Room, and I'll be with you for half an hour," Bruce said after a pause.

"Please, hurry," I replied, rushing into the Test Room.

30 minutes later...

"Okay, let's see," Bruce said in the Test Room.

He pinned at my skin with a pin, making my finger bleed and placed my print on a glass test square for research. Bruce looks through it with a microscopic machine and sees what the problem was; but then, I heard a smash on its glass inside and he backed away slowly. This raises serious concerns now.

"Well, Banner, what do you think?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Your results are clearly at stake. You have a high amount of firepower in you, and a ridiculous decrease in your feline self." He replied.

"Wait for a second, Bruce. Are you saying that I may lose my feline side and have firepower live and dread inside of me?"

"Technically."

"What do you mean, technically?"

"At any time, Felicia, your powers will be gone and the fire will stay in your system. It could happen when your eating, sleeping or doing an activity."

"Max Dillon. The gasoline fire hit my necklace and infects my powers."

"That may be the cause of you on fire. Your body power has a 70% increase of fire, and... a 30% decrease of you your feline self."

"I have to get rid of it."

"We can't. It'll take a long time to develop and a lot of blood tests. The power could have its limits, plus the side effects in your blood could affect your personality."

"I guess I'll be having it forever then. It's cursing me."

"I'll see if I can test the blood in a few days and see if I can make sure no poisoning, side effects, or struggling thoughts will occur to you."

"I have 2 - Mom is the first one, and me trying to tell Tom the truth."

~