Chapter 10 - Unmasked...

I went to the R.I.P.D and got my Black Cat costume out. I put it on, packed a gun, and a bullet-pack strap. That's better! I feel as if I'd entered a party or something - but this is more serious than it is right now. Harry and Max are going to unleash the Dark Phoenix, and I need to save my friends. There's also something I've got to do when that happens: tell Tom who I am. My excitement was pumping me with lots of energy.

I kicked our apartment door and see Rafe and Yuki sitting on the sofa. Their faces were surprised when I came in. They ran up to me.

"Felicia, Electro and Harry have the Sacred Detectives and the Chaos Emeralds! It was Electro who stole them!" Yuki cried.

"WHAT?! How can this be? He came to Oscorp Industries and drugged Tom with the same tranquillizers we have." I replied.

"He's part of this too! They did the same with the others." Rafe added.

"When that happens, they'll die along with half of New York. We have to stop them. But, how did you escape?"

"Rafe and I were coming back from our conversation of how we are going to get the Chaos Emeralds back from Oscorp Industries and we saw the pair of them dragging the others in nets and the Chaos Emeralds in a bag. We were lucky that they didn't see us. I told him to teleport us to your home." Yuki explained.

"How are we going to get them back?"

"They were talking about taking them back to Oscorp Industries," Rafe concludes.

"We've got to stop them, guys."

"And fast! They're about to unleash Ahmanet!" Yuki panicked.

That's got to be stopped.

~

We jumped from building to building, Yuki leading us back to Oscorp Industries and Rafe and me behind her. Harry cannot unleash the Dark Phoenix. No one will ever survive - and if that happens, the whole universe will die. After minutes of jumping, we stop to a halt to see Oscorp Industries with the same hole Electro threw the car and a strange force of light on the very top floor.

"We can't get up the top--" Yuki said, but I saw the entrance.

"--But we can get in by the front," I replied.

We jumped towards the entrance and went towards the elevator and it has broken down. So, we decided to take the hard way up; the stairs. Luckily for me, I had a grappling hook so I held onto Rafe who had Yuki in his arms. I pulled the trigger and the grappling hook shot up and wrapped around a stair handle. I pulled the trigger again and the hook sent us all the way up the floors and saving us a lot of time to walk up the stairs. We landed on the stairs and ran up the rest remaining. 

Once we reached the top we saw the Sacred Detectives inside a cage and in chains. Tom watching the Chaos Emeralds in shock, Bruce was completely worn out, and the others, Thor, Dad, Uncle Charles (his wheelchair was gone), Peter, and Hellboy were either sitting down, standing up or watching Harry and Electro place the 7 Chaos Emeralds on 7 stands. Harry was on a glider with sharp points on the front and armour that has a healing factor.

"Hey!" Tom calls, trying to get their attention and struggling to get the chains off him. "Hey!"

He whistles to get their attention.

"I'm talking to you! You got what you needed for your little science project, now let us go!" He shouted.

"I can't let you go; you'd bring the police and the R.I.P.D. Not that anybody could stop me now that the Black Cat's dead." Harry replied.