Chapter 7 - Trouble in Virginia

I teleported to the R.I.P.D to tell the Detectives what had happened. They were surprised that I wasn't here yesterday.

"Where were you, sis? We're worried sick about you!" Rafe said, firmly.

"Look, I'll answer all your questions as soon as possible, but I need to tell you what's happened," I said, reassuring them.

"Where's Detective Lone?" Yuki asked with suspicion laced in her tone.

"I was working on that part, Yuki. He left New York for Virginia."

There was muttering all around.

"Do you want to know or not?" I asked them coldly. 

I elaborated on the entire story to them. Their mouths were open, the expressions were very shocked.

"Say what?!"

"No way!"

"The sneaky little bastards!"

"I wish he'd told us sooner when we went after him a few days ago. It would've better to track Stryker down!"

"Okay, okay! All I'm saying is that we need to get Tom back here without any harm because Stryker's the main target." I said once they calmed down.

I looked at Bruce.

"Bruce, you previously worked with the military, didn't you?" I asked him.

"Yeah. That's the time the green guy came around." He replied.

"He worked on turning soldiers into weapons with a serum you were working on with him before?"

"Yes. All of them were failures. He must've hired someone to flip the equation backwards and made it irreversible to continue his project."

"What project?"

"Weapon X. The ultimate killing machine and weapon for his next stage for the future."

"To do what though?"

"To eliminate all mutants; big or small, young or old, child or adult."

"Well, he's not going to get very far from that, is he? We have to go to Virginia, one way or another."

"Before we do that, look what we found whilst you were with Tom," Peter said.

I looked at everyone's hand which was covered in yellow gloves; then, Peter holds up the Chaos Emeralds.

"The Chaos Emeralds!" I exclaimed. "But... how?"

"Harry Osborn found them first and stored them in a lab - and thank God that no-one was there when we arrived - so we scooped them up before he'd even knew what was going on. Who would've thought Harry Osborn finding them in his industry give us enough time to research them." Hellboy piped up.

"Impressive, guys."

"But that's not all that happened while you were away," Thor said.

"What do you mean?"

"Thor and Red's powers have been absorbed from them into the emeralds," Bruce said.

"What?"

"I can no longer hold Mjolnir; Hellboy's right arm is like a human punch," Thor said.

"This must be what Harry's after to absorb all energy to unleash Ahmanet and future weapons whilst we're still living in the present."

"What are you talking about, Felicia?" Rafe said.

"I went to Harry's, the day after Mom died, and he wanted my blood to cure his disease because he thinks that I can self-heal. I can't heal that fast."