Chapter 1. The First Day of School

Katelyn's POV:
Izi hurry up or we're going to be late. And being late isn't an option. We can't be late on our first day of school. "I'll be down stairs in a minute, just wait." Yelled Izi. Fine I'll be waiting in the car. I yelled back. I went outside and got in the car. As soon as I started the car my favorite song called Amnesia by 5SOS was playing. So I'm sitting in the car scrolling through Twitter while waiting for Izi, when I see a tweet from Matthew Espinosa. Matt's a boy I like that lives in California, and we FaceTime all the time. But I've never had enough money to fly to California to actually meet him. Matt tweeted saying that one of his closest friends is moving to Arizona and there was a picture attached. And it was tagged as Cameron Dallas in the picture. "Wow he's cute, but I like Matt." Was all that kept playing throughout my thoughts. "KATELYN" shouted Izi. "WHAT" I yelled back because I hadn't noticed that Izi came out to the car. "Who you looking at, is that Matt again?" Izi asked. "Ummmm no it's his friend." I answered. "Zayummmmmm he's a cutie, but we don't have time to stare at his cuteness we need to go so we're not late." Said Izi. "Okay okay okay we can go."
Once we got to school Izi and I went to the gym because that's where they were sending seniors to pickup their schedule of their classes. "Hey Izi let's compare schedules." I said once I picked up my schedule. As we looked through the classes it said we had every class together except for Social Studies, because she had a different teacher then me. But that's ok because it was only first period that we had different. Just as I turned around to go to my first class I crashed right into a boy. And I hit my head off his shoulder and wow it hurt so bad. "Oh my gosh are you okay?" He asked. "Ummmm yeah, I'm fine it just hurts a little." I said. "I'm sorry, can I see your schedule so j can see if we have any classes together?" He asked. "Oh yeah sure, but who are you I've never seen you here before?" I questioned. "Oh sorry not to introduce myself, I'm Cameron Dallas no you've never met me before I just moved here from California." Cameron said. "Oh I'm Katelyn nice to meet you." As I stuck my hand out to shake hands with him, he pulled me into a tight hug. "Ummm what was that for we just met and I barely know you." I said. "Yeah but I feel like we're going to be good friends." Cam said. And by then I was blushing like crazy I didn't know what to say. And the. I remembered from earlier when I was in the car. I remembered that Matt tweeted saying his friend Cameron left and came to Arizona. Oh my gosh could I really be hanging out with one of Matt's friends. This is amazing. "Hey, we have first period and 5 other classes together." Cam said as he snapped me out of my thoughts. "Oh that's so cool, maybe we should head there because it looks like everyone's clearing out of the gym already." I replied. As we were walking to our first period class Cam slipped his arm around my waist. And I kind of enjoyed it. Because Cameron is cute and I would love to have him as a boyfriend but he just moved here. And what if it doesn't work out I don't want it to ruin my senior year. As we walked into class our teacher Mr. Jordan was giving out slips of paper telling us where our lockers were going to be.
Cam's locker was right next to mine. All I kept thinking was omg do I like him? What's Izi going to think? We all got sent out of class to go find our lockers and as Cam and I were standing at our lockers Izi walked up. "Hey Katelyn! Who's your friend?" Izi asked. "Hey Izi this is Cameron Dallas." I said. Izi shook Cameron's hand and she had the biggest smile on her face. "So Izi where's your locker?" I asked. "Oh ummm it's down that hall way." She said pointing to the hallway 3 classrooms down. "Well don't you have to go put your bag in your locker?" Cam asked. "Ohhh yeah, I'll be back." Izi said. As Izi walked away Cameron pulled me into another hug. "Cam why do you keep hugging me?" I asked. "Well I've seen pictures of you before and your exactly the person I wanted to be friends with." He said. "Wait where have you seen pictures of me?" I asked all puzzled. "Well my friend Matthew Espinosa kinda has the biggest obsession with you. Like he wants to meet you so bad." "Wait really. Matt's a really good friend of mine I just haven't been able to meet him." I said. "I know but how would you feel if I told you that Matt will be here next week because I'm having a party since I just moved here. And I was also wondering if you wanna come?" He asked. I mean how could I say no. This cute boy wants me over and my crush Matt will be there. And now I know how Matt feels about me, I must go. "Yeah Cam I'll be there, just show me where you live after school." I said. "Okay and bring your friend Izi to because she's cute." Cam said before he walked away.
End of the school day: Katelyn's POV:
I'm standing at my locker after school putting papers into my backpack. When all of a sudden I feel some wrap their arms around me. I'm not used to that and it kinda scared me so I jumped. And then Cameron started laughing. "Hey that's not funny you scared me." I said trying to pretend I was sad. "Awww it's ok nothin to be scared of cutie." Cam said. And when he called me cutie wow I got crazy butterflies in my stomach. Wow could I really like Cameron, what about Matt? Then Izi came over. "Hey Katelyn, you ready to go home?" Izi asked. "Wait you guys live together? I thought you said that you were friends not sisters?" Cam asked. "No no no we aren't sisters were friends but my parents are always away on business so I stay with Izi so I don't get lonely." I said. "Well beautiful, if ya ever want some more company just call me." Cam said while taking my phone and putting his number in. "Okay Cam I'll text ya sometime." I said. "Okay and how about I take ya out later like around 5pm so I can show you where I live and we can have some dinner." Cam said. "Okay see ya then Cam." I said and walked away with Izi.
Car ride home:
Izi: This is just an idea, but I think Cameron likes you.
Katelyn: Yeah I know.
Izi: Well do you like him back?
Katelyn: Ummmmm I kinda think I do but I still like Matt to.
Izi: Well you should make up your mind soon so you don't lead him on thinking you like him back. So you better choose who you wanna be with.
Katelyn: I know but, I like Matt but he lives so far away. And Cam is right here in Arizona. But I still think I like Matt more.
Home:
"Hey Izi I'm gonna go FaceTime Matt." I said. "Okay but don't you want a snack first?" Izi asked. "Ummmm no I can wait." I said as I ran upstairs to call Matt.
~Face Timing Matt~
Katelyn: Hey Matt😊
Matt: Whats up babe? Oops I mean what's up Katelyn?
By now I was already laughing so hard because Matt's face was all red from being embarrassed.
Katelyn: So Matt.........
Matts: What?
Katelyn: I met your friend Cameron today, we go to the same school.
Matt: Oh yeah, by any chance did he say anything about me?
Katelyn: Well he kinda said you have an obsession with me. And I was wondering if it was true?
Matt's face got even redder.
Matt: Well I wanted to wait until sometime in the future when we meet to tell yup this. But yes I do. I have the hugest crush on you. But I understand if you just wanna be friends with me.
Katelyn: Well Matt. I was gonna wait until this weekend to tell you this but I like you to.
Matt: What's this weekend that you were going to wait until to tell me?
Katelyn: Cameron said that your coming to Arizona for a party at his house. And he invited me today so I figured since we were going to meet I was going to tell you.
Matt: Wait your going to be at Cam's? And I'm going to finally be able to meet you?
Katelyn: Yep. Well Matt it's 4:30pm and I gotta go because Cam's coming to get me.
Matt: Wait your going out with Cam?
He sounded all disappointed.
Katelyn: Yeah but it's not a date it's so he can show me where he lives so I know what're to go on Saturday for his party.
Matt: Oh okay.
And just as I was about to end the FaceTime Matt yelled "wait". "What Matt?" I asked. "I love you" he said and hung up really fast. And I was in shock I didn't know what to say. Like oh my gosh I can't believe Matt, my crush, the cutest boy ever just said he loved me. Wow.