Chapter 11 - Demonic Slumber

Amybrine's POV

It's been a few days since Blaze and I confronted Michael to see why the great war happened and we still don't know the answer.

"Lady Amybrine, your father requests your prescence in the throne room at your earliest convinience" one of our guards told me

"Ah I see. Thank you for letting me know" I replied then the guard bowed and went about his patrols whilst I went to the throne room.

"Father? you wished to see me?" I asked when I entered the room but either my eyes are deceiving me or he's weaker than usual.

"You've probably noticed my weakened state my sweet child" he said.

So my eyes weren't deceiving me then..

"Why are you weakened though?" I asked in worry.

"It's nearly time for me to enter my demonic slumber for a while. A state of unconsciousness that all demons go through in their lives." Dad explained to me

"Is there nothing I can do to help you daddy?! I don't want to lose you!" I shouted in worry. I love my father and would murder anyone who dared try to harm him.

He didn't say anything but instead lifted me onto his lap.

"It's alright my dear girl. This is as natural for us demons as is the rising and setting of the sun. However in the absence of me as the King, someone must be selected to rule as King and Queen Regent. I wished to ask my brother and his wife if they would fill in for me until such time I finish the slumber"

Uncle Vulcan?! He is the King's Brother so I guess? And Nightshade is a blessed demon

"I guess..........though how come Blaze and I can't rule in your absence? I'm your heir after all....and why does Mom need someone to fill in for her" I asked.

"I didn't want to put that kind of pressure on you sweetheart. You have two children to raise as well as a lot of other responsibilities right now before you and Blaze ascend to the throne together when you're ready to finish the fusion of Heaven and Hell. As for your mother, she'll be keeping a close watch over me until I awaken so she won't be able to fulfil her duties as Queen" Dad told me as he held me close to him.

"I love you so much Amybrine, you and our entire family. I know that when I am in my demonic slumber you'll continue being the strong leader I know you are" Dad added then gave me a hug before I left to find my aunt and uncle.

"Uncle Vulcan? Aunt Nightshade?" I called out when I entered the western wing of the castle where they usually would be.

"Amybrine? What brings you to the western wing? I thought you lived in the northern wing?" Midnight asked me

"I came to talk with your parents about something Dad talked to me about. He'll be entering a demonic slumber soon and needs someone to fill in as King and Queen regent for him and mom whilst he slumbers and mom watches over" I explained to my cousin

"Ah. I see. I forgot the demonic slumber was a thing honestly, most demons in the past who were meant to enter it were so old they may as well pass into the nether realm of death rather than go through the slumber" Midnight said which immediately scared me

"W...what?!" I said in fear.

Midnight noticed I was scared at that notion

"Don't worry though. Uncle Aamon isn't even fifty yet. He'll come out of the slumber stronger than ever before" Midnight told me and that made me smile.

My father is the great Aamon Inferno. King of Hell and Demon of the Abyss

"Anyway my parents are in their suite. You remember where it is?" Midnight asked me with a smile.

I nodded in response then made my way to their suite.

I knocked on the door then heard my aunt say for me to enter

"Ah Amybrine, our beloved little demon. What brings you over to our part of the castle?" Uncle Vulcan asked

"My father has to enter his demonic slumber soon so he was planning on asking you and Aunt Nightshade to stand in as King and Queen Regent whilst he slumbers and Mom watches over him. He doesn't want to put that amount of pressure on Blaze and I since we're raising two children, investigating the great war and also trying to complete the unity of Heaven and Hell here" I explained.

Vulcan looked at Nightshade who nodded with a smile

"I see. Well if that's what he wants Nightshade and I to do whilst he goes through the slumber then we'll do it. Though I'm sure I won't be as respected as my brother is, half the kingdom still won't forgive me for what I did to Nightshade and Midnight even after they forgave me" Uncle Vulcan replied

"Give it time. Right now people are only now getting back to a state of normality after the war but I'm sure the grand council will be more than happy to assist you both" I told him then gave my Aunt and Uncle a hug before going back to the Northern Wing of the castle where I found Arus and Ruby?! What are they doing here and why did no one tell me my mother-in-law and father-in-law were visiting?

"Queen Ruby? King Arus?! What are you both doing here?" I asked when I entered the living room

 "They have some news for us Amybrine...but it's not good" Blaze said then I sat down next to him. Anger and Violence were in the room as well, playing with Flarian and Ruby.

"T'would seem Michael is spreading rumours in heaven that the princess of hell tried to kill him. The other arch angels actually believed him and now there's a bounty out for your death Amybrine" Arus explained

"WHAT?! THAT JERK! ISN'T IT A SWORN OATH FOR AN ANGEL TO NEVER LIE?" I asked with anger in my voice.

I was so pissed off at this development and I need to confront Michael, in heaven, myself.