Chapter 7 - Luck/No Luck

3rd November, 2019
Debbie's POV

"Why did you never tell me we was related?" I ask Megan as we drive towards the Lodge Lane House.

"I was scared." She whispers. "You are our one of our teachers. It just... I didn't want you to freak out."

"Freak out?" I laugh. "The only thing I did was panic a little but it's not that big of a deal!"

"Really?" Megan says, with a small smile to her face.

"Yes." I answer as we both look ahead onto the road. "But... I wish you told me sooner. Just for Holly."

"I know. But it was worse because I don't think she liked me very much." Megan replies.

"Why would you think that?"

"No reason." Megan bluntly says.

"We're here."

-

"You girls had us worried!" Dan says as he hugs Debbie and Megan as they are back in the house with the others.

"Where did you guys go?" Mia asks.

"We've handed in our statements but were ordered to come back here until further notice. Officer Terrell is coming by later to make sure we're here." Megan said.

"Better wear something sexy." Robyn says as she gets up and leaves the room.

-

Ellie's POV

I have to tell Jola what I saw yesterday. James and Catherine bumping uglies.

"Jola, can I talk to you?" I quickly ramble as I pull Jola aside into the kitchen.

"What's wrong love?" Jola asks with a smile. I don't even answer the question; Instead I show her the photos I took of Catherine and James. Her reaction.

"He has a shrimp dick!"

"JOLA!" I scream as we burst in a fit of laughter.

"Seriously, James and Catherine?! I knew James was a horny bastard but Catherine?! How do you think that happened?" Jola laughed.

"Well Ben told me he basically dumped Catherine and told her to eff off." I state.

"Classic Kidman, always friendzoning the ladies." Jola says as I nod in agreement. "To a T though, James has sort of disrespected me here."

"How so?" I ask.

"We've only been broken up for less than 24 hours?! Like... that's put the D is Disrespectful for me. Periodt."

"You need to stop saying periodt. Periodt." I reply with my wit of banter.

-
Catherine's POV

"That was amazing." James exclaims as he's out of breath from doing one sex position for 23 seconds.

"That was the best sex I ever had." I said sarcastically.

"Better than the field yesterday?" He says with his eyes lit up. "I'm glad it was good honey bear." James says as he kisses my cheek and gets out of bed.

Suddenly, I feel... Sick. Like I'm going too-

"I'm going to puke!" I scream as I leave James' bedroom and head for the nearest bathroom.

-
Tom's POV
I need to talk to someone about Faith. She's screaming the word suspicious with her body language. She's being so secretive, and I want to find out what's going on.

I decide to talk to Dan, I feel like he knows Faith well, with all the work they do together as Faith is our class student rep. It was James, but he had to go to Lapland for an acting opportunity and missed several meetings, so Faith stepped up and took charge of his role.

"So you think Faith is acting suspicious?" Dan asks.

"Yes, I think there is something fishy going on with her." I explain as I had told him about mine and Faith's previous conversation.

Faith normally wasn't like this. I've known her ever since nursery. She was my best friend. And she still is, but she hasn't been this weekend.

I just want my best friend back.

-

James' POV
"Catherine?" I shout knocking on the bathroom door. She's been in the bathroom for 3 hours straight. Vomiting. Crying. I wish I could help her. I sent Mia in to help her out, and when she eventually comes out she looks as if she can't hold back laughter.

"Hey, Daddy." Mia says to me with a cackle as she runs downstairs.

I walk into the bathroom and find Catherine holding a white stick. "Is that a tampon?"

And Catherine begins to say two words I would forever remember for the rest of my life.

"I'm pregnant."

-
It started off a normal morning. Well, not normal for the people living in Lodge Lane House. There was another death that was about to occur, same place as Elle was hurt, same injury;

Right hip, blue neck, right side of the head.

This death took place at 1:12pm. While the victim was sitting in the field, just like Elle was, contemplating his life before meeting his end.

Tom was murdered with his last thought of Faith, the girl he always knew and wanted to aspire to be, and the thought of wanting the old Faith back.

The murderer had their reasons, but this time, left a note on Tom's body. Warning that if anyone came in their way, they'd end up like Holly, Elle and Tom. It was much of a warning but a double sided note. One side was a poem:

On the strike of midnight,

Another will die in plain sight.

Be very careful, you need

to get your statements straight,

or you will never find

your next date.

4-11-19

The other side was a random made up sentence with meaning.

So, on the stroke of midnight. One of you will die. Or maybe not? Maybe I'm kidding, or am I kidding? You'll never know if you r next. Would you dare to question me? don't.