#1 Retrograde Amnesia

... Previously on You Are My Necessity ...

   Suddenly, the door opens and Emily sees four people who seem like they are in the same age as her entering the room. There are two girls and two boys walking towards her with a genuine smile on their faces. She stares at them one by one and when her gaze stops on a boy that she really knows, she gasps softly and slightly closes her mouth with her hand.

   "Harry?"

*******

   Everybody in the room turns at Emily with wide-eyed stare except Elizabeth, Sam and Grace who are playing and talking at the corner of the room.

   "Wait, wait, wait... You remember him?" Katherine speaks first and points at Harry who has an amused look on his face.

   "Yes, I do. I mean, he's my best friend. Right?" Emily turns to look at Harry, making him nod slowly.

   "But, I'm...uh...we're your best friends too!" Katherine says, mentioning herself, Anthony and Felicia.

   "Really? I'm so sorry. I can't remember," Emily says softly, fiddling with her fingers and the blanket.

   "Eh, that's okay. I was just overreacting," Katherine waves it away and smiles.

   "Wait!" Emily lifts her head up as realisation hits her.

   "What's wrong, Em?" William asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

   "Where is my mother?" Emily looks around frantically whilst everyone looks at each other hesitantly.

   "You remember her?" Thomas raises one of his eyebrows.

   "Where's Mummy?" Emily asks again. Tears are welling in her eyes, waiting for the time to spill as she's got a bad feeling about her mother's disappearance.

   "Emily, please calm down," William stands up, rubbing Emily's shoulders.

   "No! I want my mum! I want her here right now!" Emily wants to get out of the bed, but William holds her first, preventing her from doing so.

   The monitor suddenly beeps loudly, causing everyone to snap their heads at Emily who starts hyperventilating.

   "Emily, look at me. You need to calm down. Follow my breathing," William stares into Emily's eyes and puts her hand on his chest.

   "N-no, I can't!" Emily begins to cry. Why hasn't anyone tell her where her mother is? What is actually going on right now?

   "Her blood pressure is increasing," Felicia states. Her eyes are still on the monitor that keeps on beeping.

   The door opens, revealing Emily's doctor, Andrew and Sarah. The doctor hurries towards Emily and starts to treat her, making everyone back away and let him do his job.

   "What's going on?" Andrew asks.

   "She suddenly asked where her mother is," William answers.

   "She remembered her mum?" Andrew frowns, still in shock.

   "Yeah, and also one of her friends... Uh... I don't know what his name is," William huffs.