#9 Sunday Morning In The Park

Today is Sunday and Emily has decided to follow William and Sam for a jogging at a nearby park. They walked from their house and Emily got to see the other houses. They all look massive and sophisticated, just like their own.

   Currently, Emily is jogging around a beautiful lake with William and Sam on her right, chatting casually. She jogs leisurely and begins to appreciate the nature by looking up at the blue sky and the white fluffy clouds and admiring the surroundings which are full of tranquility, peace and serenity.

   Stephen had told Emily that this kind of activity can make her more relax and stable. Before this, she had been spending her free times doing relaxing activities such as playing the piano, gardening, strolling in the garden, baking, watching the television and reading books at the terrace or in her secret nook. And the result is she rarely hallucinates or has nightmares. Other than that, she also went for medical check-ups thrice a month with the doctors and they often gave positive comments about her progress and what made her happy at her recent check-up is that they said she might recover from her amnesia anytime soon if she keeps living in a calm, healthy way.

   A quick nudge at Emily's arm just interrupts her train of thought. She turns her head as her little brother, Sam asks her to stop for a rest. She nods and follows him and William to a sturdy bench and sits on it with them.

   Emily is drinking water when Sam gasps and says something to William.

   "Hey, those are my friends! Can I play with them for a while, please?" Sam asks enthusiastically whilst pointing at a group of boys playing football in a small field.

   "Go on. Have fun playing with your friends!" William smiles and pats Sam's back, making him squeal excitedly and practically jump out of the bench, leaving a space between William and Emily.

   "Hey, Sam! Don't go too far!" William calls out to Sam who then screams back the word 'okay'.

   Emily watches on as Sam runs towards the field and greets his friends. They all discuss with each other, probably picking friends to be on their teams, and then start playing football. Sam truly loves that sport, just like Thomas. Maybe they want to be professional footballers someday. Speaking of Thomas, she watched him practising football with his teammates in the school field last Friday and she was proud of him for his incredibly infinite talents. And speaking of school......her four best friends had known about her encounter with Nicholas Blondeau and his henchmen. They were angry at them, of course, but they could not do anything because they (including Emily and Thomas) rarely saw the troublemakers at school. And thankfully, there are no other students who discover that Emily punched Nicholas. She does not want anybody else to know that. She hates being the centre of attention. Well, except the school librarian boy, who was the victim. He knew and promised not to tell anyone.

   "Emily.." William taps Emily's shoulder.

   "Yes?"

   "I have to go to the toilet, so stay here, okay?"

   "Okay," Emily nods and William rises from the bench and walks away. She looks around and watches the world go by. There is an old couple sitting on a bench by a shady tree and eating sandwiches whilst pointing at the birds in the sky. She smiles at them. How adorable.. After that, she moves her gaze to a family walking a dog in front of her. The parents are laughing at something their daughter has said whilst their son is poking his sister's shoulder teasingly. She is deeply moved by the family's interaction with each other. She imagines those four people were her, Thomas and their parents. How amazing that would be..

   "Hey, are you alone?" someone sits beside Emily and gets closer to her. She turns her head to find an adult man, probably around Stephen's age, smiling at her.