#19 A Trouble Shared Is A Trouble Halved

"Emily? Are you okay? Why were you running?"

   "I'm fine.." Emily grunts and pushes past Harry to walk forwards. Nevertheless, she freezes instantly when she watches a group of girls talking whilst looking at their phones. They must be looking at the awful picture. She has to run away...

   "Come here," Harry grabs Emily's wrist and pulls her to walk with him.

   "Wait, Harry! No.." Emily squirms in Harry's grasp when they almost reach the Music Room. She does not want to go in there. There must be a lot of students inside that room and if she goes in there, she will be attacked by the students' words of knives. She cannot handle that.

   However, both of them walk past the Music Room and enter another room after turning around the corner and striding through a lot of doors.

   There is just one boy in that room. His eyes are scanning a paper before moving them to Harry who is closing the door gingerly. He then smiles when he spots Emily standing awkwardly by Harry's side.

   'Who is this boy? I think I have seen him before,..........but when?' Emily stares at the male student curiously.

   "Hey, what are you two doing here? Did you miss me?" the boy smirks and raises an eyebrow, particularly at Harry.

   "Haha.. No," Harry answers shortly whilst Emily continues gaping at the boy quizzically.

   "According to your clueless face, I assume that you've had forgotten my name," he points at Emily and folds his arms.

   "Huh?" Emily blinks her eyes and turns at Harry, who folds the cuffs of his long-sleeved shirt.

   "My name is Ryan. I am the 'boss' of this amazing studio. I am in charge of the school radio," Ryan spreads out his arms dramatically, gesturing at the complicated machine in front of him.

   "Oh, wow.." Emily comments and begins to walk towards Ryan who beams proudly. "What is this? What is its function?" she asks whilst pointing at a small button.

   "This is the button that you pressed when you want to broadcast something," Ryan says and gentlemanly offers Emily a chair for her to sit.

   "Oh! That means, when I say something to this microphone after pressing that button, my voice will be heard throughout the school?" Emily asks and tries to say 'hello' repeatedly at the microphone in front of her.

   "Yes," Ryan says and playfully presses the button which produces a red light, causing Emily to jerk away from the microphone.

   "Hey!"

   Both of them laugh and joke like a pair of old friends, and Emily seems to forget the atrocious event that happened to her earlier. All thanks to Ryan.

   Nonetheless, everybody knows that happiness does not last forever.

   "Umm... Emily?" Harry approaches the two of them with a solemn look.

   Emily lifts up her head at Harry, waiting for him to speak more.

   "Is there anything you want to complain about?" Harry drops on one knee and looks into Emily's eyes, trying to read her mind. They have been friends for nine years, so he can comprehend what is bothering her reposeful mind just by gazing at her face.

   Emily hangs her head, staring at Ryan's polished shoes, while Harry and Ryan look at each other confusedly.

   "You must have seen the picture," Emily mumbles whilst keeping her head down, thinking that Ryan's dark shoes are more interesting to look at than the boys' faces.