#14 Unfinished Business

"Bye-bye, Mummy."

   "Emily, don't say that."

   "Good girl."

   Emily sees Jennifer charging towards her, grabbing her arm and pushing her away before her mother grapples with a man who is holding a gun and threatened to kill her just now. She falls onto the floor and immediately raises her head to see Jennifer still fighting with the man. She wants to help her. She cannot watch her like this.

   As she was about to stand up, the man pushes Jennifer and she stumbles back. Without hesitation, he aims his gun at her and mercilessly shoots her down.

   Emily does not want to accept this. She hopes it was all just a dream. She watches Jennifer holding her bloody stomach and slowly falling to the ground. It all happens too fast. She does not have the chance to push her mother away so that the bullets will not hit her. She just sits there, freezing with terror.

   When she notices a movement in front of her, she lifts up her head slightly to see the cruel man observing her and Jennifer emotionlessly. There is no sign of guilt in his dark eyes. After all, he is a cold-blooded killer. He is Mr. Bogeyman.

*******

   Emily opens her eyes slowly and tries to adjust them so that she can see the surroundings better. And.....this place looks familiar. Is she in the living room of her mother's house?

   She hisses as she feels something painful at the back of her head. She wants to touch it, but she cannot move her arms.

   Out of curiosity, she looks down and realises that her hands are tied together at the back. She tries to move, but her legs are tied as well. What is actually going on? She looks at her right and spots Thomas who is also tied up.

   "Tom! Thomas!" she whispers, soft and loud at the same time. Thomas is unconscious right now. His eyes are closed and his body is leant against the wall. She comes closer to him by sliding her body smoothly. She furrows her eyebrows in worry after noticing a bloodstain on his forehead. Apparently, he had been hit on the head quite hard until the blood seems to flow through it, leaving a bloodstain on his shirt too. She wants to call him again, a bit louder this time, but she has to stop because there is a group of men entering the living room.

   "Oh, Emily, you're awake!"

   Emily snaps her head at the direction of the voice and sees the cruel man. He is real?! And he is looking straight at her whilst talking to her?! All these times, she only saw him in her dreams and hallucinations. But now, here he is. Standing in front of her with his signature smirk. However, he seems familiar. It feels like she knew him before.

   "You're stronger than you look. I thought I'd already killed you. Maybe I should shoot you, just like how I shot your mother," he says maliciously.

   Emily purses her lips in anger after hearing his last statement. She glances at Thomas, silently hoping that he will wake up.

   "You want your twin brother to wake up?" the man asks and walks towards Thomas. "Here, let me do it for you," he smirks at Emily and turns his attention to Thomas. He raises his hand and slaps Thomas' face, causing him to jolt awake and blinks his eyes in surprise.

   "Hey!" Emily exclaims and looks dagger at the man who just slapped her twin brother.

   Thomas turns his head at Emily in confusion after hearing her voice. He knits his brows as he realises the situation they are currently in. He looks front and notices someone that he despises and detests very much. He swears under his breath and glares at him.