4

??? POV

Y/n walks in hauling a person behind her. They are wearing a mask and a hood, so I can't see them. I think it's a boy. The teacher looks up and speaks.

Mr. ranon- y/n why are you late?

Y/n- I was at the office. Oh! By the way, this is Taehyung.

She breaks out into a big smile. The boy's hands tremble a little bit. The teacher smiles warmly and says-

Mr. R- hello I'm mr. ranon, I'll be your philosophy and theology teacher! We will adjust seating later, but for now please sit by Lily.

He points at me. Taehyungs eyes widen slightly and y/n pats his arm and says-

Y/n- good for you. Lily is nice.

I stare. She's always been nice to me and I've always felt comfortable around her. She begins to walk to her seat at the other side of the room, but he grabs her hand. She turns to him, and his lip quivers under the mask. Her eyes immediately soften, and she, still holding his hand, walks him over to me. I try hard not to watch her every move, i try not to stare, but it's difficult. She looks at him and smiles at him. She points at me. She speaks.

Y/n- that's lily by the way. And don't worry I'll still be in the same room and I'll still be with you for the other classes. And don't worry, lily is really nice.

She points to the chair and says-

Y/n-I'll see you at the end of class

He sits, and she walks to her seat, sits, and smiles at him. As soon as she looks away, he puts his head down. I tap his shoulder in attempt to start a conversation. He flinches at my touch.

Mr.R- Taehyung can you please take off your hood and mask?

He lifts his head and sees some people looking at him. He begins shaking.

Y/n- oh let him keep his hood.

Mr.R- and why?

Y/n's eyes narrow a bit and her voice goes cold and sends chills down my spine when she says-

Y/n- because I said so that's why.

Mr.R- how about a challenge then? If you you can answer my question then he can keep his hood and mask.

She bites her lip and stares at him.

Y/n- fine. Ask away.

His lips curve into a smile.

Mr.R- ok your question is.... Why?

Y/n- because

His eyes widen a bit.

Mr.R- B-because what?

Y/n-just because. The logical response to why is because. Any question asked with why is answered with because. Example: Why did you do that? Because I felt like it.

Mr.R- C-correct. You know, I've only had one student ever get that right.

Y/n-and the hood and mask stay

I love the sass. It's like she's not really quiet, but not super loud or crazy either. Either way it feels like when the quiet kid roasts the teacher. I love it. I love her.