16

Taehyung POV

Y/n and I walk through the hall, silently, her still holding my arm. We continue to walk, the only sound comes from behind the closed doors of other classrooms and our feet. She pulls me around a corner and drags me into a girls bathroom. I resist a bit but she just ignores me and pushes me in. I stumble and fall back, but she catches me. She walks over to the sinks and sits on a dry spot on the counter thing.

Y/n: what happened?

I look up at her, and I shrug a little. She sighs.

Y/n: did something trigger that or did someone do something to you or did you just get nervous?

I shake my head and put up 3 fingers so she'd know I meant the 3rd thing she mentioned.

Y/n: I don't want to push you or anything but remember, I pulled you in here because there's no cameras or people. If anyone ever does anything to upset you, let me know. I'll always help. Okay?

I look down and nod. She stands and walks over to me.

Y/n: anyway, that was a shortened class already so it'll be over by the time we get back. So let's go ahead and go. Unless your parents or whoever are going to pick you up and you have to wait for them? How do you usually get home?

I flinch slightly. I'm supposed to take the bus, but I don't have enough money. I was actually planning on just kind of waiting around near the school until morning. I didn't really think it'd even be worth it to go home today; Dad won't be home this week, so he won't know. I realize that we had left the bathroom and walked outside. Y/n looks at me expectantly. I decide on just lying and saying I live close to here. I point to a few houses. She looks over to where I'm pointing.

Y/n: oh so you live close to here then. Cool

She smiles before continuing.

Y/n: you probably don't have to wake up so early since you don't have far to go to get to school.

She looks back at me.

Y/n: I live, like eh, maybe 7 miles away? I honestly don't know. It just feels like that sometimes. Sometimes I walk, but I usually take the bus, not a lot of people at this school take the bus though. Maybe 3 people.

That's good to hear. I really don't want to have to see people from school knowing where I live or watching me on the bus or trying to talk to me. But if she takes the bus then maybe that's a good thing. But then she'll know I lied about living near the school. I get out a paper and pencil from my backpack and write, "I don't live there, I'm staying with a family member for a while. I'll probably go home tomorrow." I show her the page. She nods then seems to think for a moment.

Y/n: so do you actually live farther away?

I nod. I point at the bus stop sign.

Y/n: so you take the bus too?

I nod. She tells me what bus she takes, and it's the same as mine. She asks which house I'm staying at, so I point at a random one. She nods. People start walking out of the school building. School must have just ended.

Our bus pulls up, and I curse myself for being so stupid, using my bus money for food that I didn't even eat. She gets on the bus, pays the faire, and then waves at me. I wave back a little before the bus drives off. I sigh, the sudden hit of realization hitting me. Tonight is going to be a long night for me.