19

Y/n POV

Tae and I talk for a while but with only one of us offering anything to the conversation, we tire of it quickly. Once we both go silent, or me at least, we can hear the music in my earbuds. Radio Ga Ga is playing. People are showing up and the cafeteria is getting crowded. Pilar walks in and after weaving her way through the crowd of other students, she taps my shoulder. I turn to her before noticing that she has nowhere to sit. I stand up with her and jimin, who seems to have just appeared out of thin air, takes my place. I turn to Pilar, and she gives me a quick hug before pulling away.

Pilar: you look tired.

Me: wow thanks.

We laugh.

Pilar: did you do you your homework?

Me: enough of it.

She nods.

Me: what about you?

Pilar: I finished.

The sudden screech of a chair been dragged a backwards fills my ears. I look down at Taehyung, he's sitting very tensely, like he wants to disappear. Jimin's got an arm around him and my discarded earbud in his ear.

Jimin: I'm surprised. Who knew you would have good music taste.

He seems genuine. He elbows Taehyung lightly in the ribs. Playfully but Tae flinches. Jimin notices and does it again, a bit harder. I place my hand on his shoulder. His head jerks back to see who's hand it is. His eyes meet mine and we stay like that for a moment before I turn back to Pilar, my hand never leaving its place on jimin's shoulder. Pilar and I continue chatting until I hear jimin's voice.

Jimin: gimme that!

I look over out of the corner of my eye. Jimin's trying to take Taehyung's phone. Taehyung looks really nervous. I avert my eyes back to Pilar and give jimin's shoulder a little squeeze. A wordless warning. He gives up immediately on the phone and looks to me. I ignore his gaze. The bell rings. I let my hand drag itself off his shoulder and I grab Tae's hand, pulling him to our first class.