18

Taehyung POV

I sit at the bus stop for a long, long time, pretending to wait for a bus. I get up, walk around for a bit. Repeat. Try to kill time without killing my phone battery. It's already dark. I pull out my homework. Using only the light of the streetlight over head, I try to make out each word. I should have done this earlier, when it was still light out and I could still see what I was doing. The street is nearly empty, very few cars. I make sure I'm finished all of my work, then stuff it all away in my backpack. I drift close to sleep but never stay asleep for more than a few seconds. I should sleep, but I don't want to be vulnerable like that. It's really boring, and I jump at every passerby ever though there are few.

After many hours, it's still dark but a bus pulls up at a stop across the street. My eyes widen when I hear y/n's voice, calling out to the bus driver to have a nice day. The bus drives away, and she walks towards the school. What the fuck? It's still dark out. Why is she here? I check the time. 6:30am. I guess it's not that weird then. School starts at 8:00 so eh. I walk to the school as well. If it's open might as well go in.

I see y/n in the cafeteria, earbuds in, I can faintly hear her music even across the big room. She's going to hurt her ears, isn't that too loud? I walk towards her, then hesitate. What if she was only being nice yesterday because it was my first day here? What if she was glad the day was over yesterday just so she could get away from me? I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder. I jump as the hand leaves my shoulder as Yoongi passes me, smirking as he does so. He walks over to where Y/n is sitting and drops his stuff onto the table, sitting next to her and letting a hand find its place on her thigh. Her gaze snaps up to him and she scowls, shoving his hand off. He scoots closer to her, and she pushes him out of his chair, onto the floor without a second thought. She looks up and her eyes catch me. A wide smile blooms across her face and she starts toward me.

Y/n: Tae!

She wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me over towards where Yoongi is now sitting, having gotten up off the floor.

Y/n: Come sit by me.

Yoongi glares at me. I shiver under his gaze. She sits down and pushes Yoongi off his chair again, gesturing for me to sit. I take a seat and hope that Yoongi doesn't get too mad. He sit on her side, she rolls her eyes but hands me one of her earbuds. I put it in and hear a song I don't recognize but it's nice. Yoongi snickers and puts a hand on her thigh again. She removes it.

Y/n: I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Yoongi: are you trying to threaten me?

Y/n: I'm warning you. Simply advising you against it.

He puts his hand on her thigh again, this time higher up. She picks up his hand. And then she starts cracking his knuckles. He makes a little pained noise and immediately tries to retract his hand, but she snatches it back and continues. She seems to have a pretty good grip. When she pops all of his knuckles and lets him go, he was pulling away so much that when she lets him go, he falls out of his chair, on his own this time. She turns back to me and starts talking to me like it never happened.