Chapter 3

A month had passed since we had kissed at the lake. We called it our lake now. When we were done kissing I asked her to be my girl. She agreed and we kissed some more. Every night that we couldn't sleep we would meet up and go to the lake. Only the gang knew about me and Laine. We all didn't tell Dallas because there is one thing he is way to overprotective of her. I know he would be okay with me dating her but I wanted to be like the others if it was Steve or Two Bit dating her. I loved and I was glad we got together but with a month passed we both agreed to tell Dally the only thing we worried about was his reaction. I still remember every piece of it too his face was priceless.

Laine met me at the Curtis's place and we walked to Buck's to tell Dallas. We held hands the whole way and I could tell she was nervous replaying her conclusions of his reaction through her head. Every time she got to the part of his reaction she would squeeze tighter on my hand.
"Do you think he will be mad?"
She asleep. I looked at her and smiled.
"No I think he will be happy maybe just upset we didn't tell him right away"
I told her to keep her calm. She kissed my cheek to say thank you.
"Um excuse me my lips are right here"
I said mocking her. She laughed then gave me a real kiss.
"Thank you"
I said once we were done. A minute later we were in front of Buck's.
"Ready?"
I asked. She squeezed my hand and I pushed through the door. We walked up the stairs to Dally's room. I knocked three times. Dallas opened the door and looked at both of us then our hands. He opened the door and we made our way to his bed and sat down.
"We have to tell you something"
She said. Dallas lit a cigarette.
"What?"
He said trying to be cold and hard. I looked at her then back at him.
"Me and Laine have need dating............for a month"
I said. He looked at me kinda stared at me for a while. He put out his cigarette then looked at me. After a while a grin grew upon his face. He came over and picked me up spinning me around in circles.
"Johnny Cade got himself a girlfriend"
He said. Once he set me down he went over to his sister and gave her a hug.
"And for once my sister is t dating a piece of trash"
He said. She laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"We have to go over to the Curtis's right now"
He said grabbing his jacket. Me and Laine laughed and walked out the door. The whole way there Dally jumped around. I guess he was really happy at we were together. Once we got here Dally burst through the door.
"Guys my beautiful little sister finally found the right guy"
He said. Everyone laughed. Dallas stopped.
"What?"
He asked.
"Dally we all knew already"
Soda said. Dally turned to face us asking if it was true. Laine nodded. Dally turned back around really embarrassed.

I think that Dallas only approved because I'm the gangs pet.