Chapter 6

I was pretty much done for that whole week. Laine stayed by my side the whole times she didn't work. I was finally able to talk by the third day and Laine cried when she heard my voice. I smiled the whole time knowing she cared.
"Johnny stop!"
She said laughing. She stayed form work to stay with me because it was my last day in bed I should of been out of bed but Darry was still to worried to let me go.
"Why?"
I said tickling her still.
"Sto stop!"
She yelled. I laughed and pulled her down on top of me. We were laying on Pony and Soda's bed. I started kissing her. She smiled into the kiss and I smiled back. I didn't say anything though just kept kissing her. I was amazed when she licked my lips asking for entrance. I allowed it and let our tongues dance together. It soon turned into a heated make out session. She started smiling it stopped the kiss but I didn't mind. She rested her head on my chest. God I wished she could be mine forever.
"John do you love me?"
She asked so lightly I could barely hear her. I brushed her hair out of her face.
"Of course I do,why do you ask baby?"
I said. She sighed and I felt her breathing on my chest.
"I was just wondering"
She said. I nodded.
"I will love you forever"
I said lightly back to her. She looked up at me and rested her head and her hand.
"I will love you forever too"
She said. I kissed her. God I can't believe she was going to be mine forever. She laid in my arms. I haven't walked in like a week and realized I was still laying in bed. I untangled myself from her.
"Ok come on I need to get up"
I said sitting up. She laughed and walked around to my side of the bed.
"Ok big boy let's go"
She said acting like I was three. I gave her a light glare and she giggled.
"Come on"
She said pulling me up. She held my arm and I took one step away from the bed. If she wasn't here I would have no balance at all and I'm serious I have not stood on my own two feet for a whole week. I took another loosing my balance and tilting to the side but Laine caught me. We both laughed and I kissed her a couple of time keeping her warm full lips pressed against mine. Then I took another couple of steps. Once we made it out the hallway and next to the dining room table Dally walked through the door.
"Hey sis, Johnny your walking!"
He said running to our side. I laughed. He grabbed my other arm and walked me to the couch I sat down I between the both of them they looked so alike it was crazy.
"Oh that felt good"
I said. They both laughed.
"I'm sure it did johnnycake hadn't been on your own two feet all week"
Dally said. I smiled. Dally was Tuff I wanted to be like him.
"When are the guys getting home I need to be walking completely by myself before they get home"
I said. Dally laughed and Laine studied us together and the close friendship we had. He ruffled my hair.
"What if I'm not doin good before y'all get home Darry will make me stay in bed again"
I said. Dally looked at Laine and shrugged. She nodded and they both stood up pulling me up with them.
"Ready?"
Laine asked. I nodded and they let go. I got my balance and tried a step. I almost lost but I got it. By he third step I stumbled over my feet and Dally had to catch me. He brought me back up right and I made it all the way to the other side of the living room. I had a giant grin on my face it was a small but good accomplishment. They both laughed then we were all laughing. I walked back over to Laine with more confidence. I did really well until I was I front of her and I got a little wobbly but she helped me gain my balance again. She kissed my cheek once I looked up and smiled at her. I couldn't believe we had been together 7 months and been this happy the whole time. I put my hand on the back of her head cupping her face in my palm. I tangled my fingers in her long brown curls and brought her lips to mine. We kissed for a little bit then I turned to Dally and he had a giant grin on his face I flushed a bright red and he laughed.

When Darry came home later he smiled when he saw me up right and healthy again. It wasn't until next month I broke again.