Chapter 13

I moved in with Ma'm that night she filled out my paperwork and my parents didn't need much persuading. Every morning before she went to work she would drop me of at the Curtis's. One morning I rolled in. Darry used the extra wood he had and built me a ramp up the front porch. I knocked on the door and Laine answered it.
"Oh um hi Johnny"
She said glancing at the couch that was out of my sight. I faked a smile I hated seeing her when she wasn't mine. She helped me up the step into the house. I smiled at her warm skin against mine and her beautiful scent all in my air. I finally made it in and I saw a tall man with broad shoulders and sandy blonde hair and green eyes anyone could spot.
"Well you must be the famous Jonathan Cade"
He said standing and offering me his hand.
I shook it and he wrapped his arm around Laine's waist.
"I'm Eric I go to school with this beautiful girl right here"
He said looking at her. I looked at him more closely.
"Eric did you used to live around here?"
I asked. He laughed.
"Um yah actually I did"
He said. It hit me he was the stupid Soc. in my third grade class.
"Eric Dolan right?"
I asked. He nodded his head.
"Scum"
I said. A look of shock grew upon his face and I rolled to the kitchen. He followed after me and Laine did too.
"What the hell Johnny?"
She asked. I knew what she was assuming new guy I hate him and I would hate him for that reason but wouldn't say anything I hate him because he was one of the first Soc.'s to mess with me and he was with Bob and Randy helping them beat me up the day I almost died in the lot.
"What do you know who the hell he is?"
I yelled back. I saw the guilt and I'm screwed looks spread across his sorry face.
"Yah a really nice guy I met at medical school"
She snapped back. I glared at him.
"No"
I said back with hate towards him.
"Then who is he Johnny?!"
She snapped again. I didn't hesitate.
"He was one of the Soc.'s that jumped me in the lot!"
I said rolling away. I saw the shock and then the sadness of remembering.
"He was also the first Soc. who ever tried to hurt me in third grade"
I stated before rolling myself back into the living room. I heard her gasp she hated Soc.'s as much as I did and if she cared about me still she would be hurt that he was one of the ones who hurt me. I heard loud muffles through the wall from where I was sitting then I heard him loud and clear.
"Who cares about greasers there not worth it anyway"
He stated. I knew she would, be pissed now and I heard loud and clear her hand straight across his face. He cursed at her and ran out the door. I saw here come in covered in tears she tried wiping them away but they just kept coming.
"Johnny I'm so sorry I I didn't know if I did I would of never got involved with him I'm so sorry"
She said running to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her as she cried into my chest.
"Johnny can I admit something to you?"
She said looking up at me but keeping her arms securely around my neck.
"Of course"
I said reassuring her she can tell me everything.
"I hate medical school"
She said. I shook of my thoughts.
"Your only saying that because of Eric"
I said to her. She shook her head.
"No I missed you guys at first then convinced myself school would be fun but I hate it I have no interest in it anymore and Eric was the only thing keeping me here"
She said.
"What are you saying?"
I said with hope in my eyes.
"This"
She said before she crashed her lips to mine. I kissed back to tell her I loved this as much as she did. I kept my face to hers I didn't want her to start regretting it when she was done. I think it went on so long it could be called a make out session. I think it was getting a little bit to heated until Soda slammed through the door.
"Woahohoh"
He practically screamed. He was so obnoxious. We both smiled into the kiss but kept her forehead pressed against mine.
"Well I hope we didn't miss to much!"
Steve shouted after Soda. She giggled but keep her gaze on me and I stared into her beautiful blue eyes. Then Dally walked in he looked shocked as he saw Laine still on my lap then smiled a light smile.
"You too go get out"
He said smiling like crazy. We both nodded at each other. They helped me out the door and we ended up at the park.
"Johnny!"
She exclaimed as I sat in frog of her on the swing.
"Yes doll"
I answered.
"Let's go to the lake!"
She said jumping off the swing. I laughed then nodded. She pushed me through the woods to that beautiful clearing. She immediately went to the tree we had our first kiss on.
"God we were so young"
She said as she rubbed her thumb over each of the rally's we made in the bark. She then saw the ones I had made of us being apart the ones I made at the end of each month she was gone.
"What are these?"
She asked.
"I was tallying the months you would come back to me on our anniversarys"
I answered. She walked over to me and sat down on my lap wrapping her arms around it like she always did.
"I'm not going anywhere now"
She said pressing her lips to mine. I kissed her with more passion that I ever have before pulling her body closer and closer to mine until I wasn't even sure she could go any further. I decided then she would be the one I would marry. Our kiss soon turned into a french kiss and this time it did become a real make out session she was now sitting in a straddle on my lap and her hands cupping my face as if to pull it closer to hers and I held her waist pulling her warm body closer to me.
"I found them!"
I heard someone yell from behind. I saw Laine look up towards the woods still sitting on my lap.
"I have a feeling Dally was getting worried"
She said crossing her arms. Dally gave her his famous smirk then the boys all ran through the woods to the clearing.
"Wow, woah"
I heard from the group of boys.
"What is this place?"
Dally asked.
"I found it when so e Soc.'s were chasing after me and then I later in brought Laine here and this was where we first kissed and first started dating"
I explained. Dally smiled.
"So this is your place?"
He asked. We both nodded and she gave me that beautiful smile if hers.
"What is this place?"
Soda asked.
"I found it when some Soc.'s started chasing me and I would come here nif I couldn't sleep in the lot."
I answered.
"Why didn't you show us this place?"
Two Bit now asked.
"I kinda just kept it to myself and then when I was going crazy about Laine I brought her here one night and that was the first night we ever kissed"
I answered to his question now.
"What are these marks?"
Steve asked over by me and Laine's tree.
"Me and Laine would come back here every anniversary and put a mark in the tree counting the months until one year"
He smiled at my answer.
"What about these extra ones over here?"
"Months apart"
Now the whole gang was smiling they realized we were really in love.