The People Known as the Akatsuki

_____________

Hey y'all! Well, I really like this chapter (Kaji is fighting Itachi) and I hope you do too! (I might've, slightly, just maybe, cried while writing this)

Have fun reading! (I don't own Naruto)

Peace

_____________

Kaji's POV

I smile reassuringly at Itachi, who looks hesitant to fight me.

"Itachi, you, along with the rest of the Akatsuki, are helping me." I yell over to him.

"More than you know." I whisper the last part.

His face still holds doubt, but he gets into an offensive position. I do the same, still smiling.

"Go!" Tobi yells, throwing something like glitter into the air. It looked more like a mixture of glitter and confetti to me.

I sense Itachi's heartbeat coming closer and he throws a punch at me. I side step and laugh whole-heartedly.

I didn't want this battle to be too intense. Just a fun, painful, fast paced battle. How I liked it.

He saw this coming and he ran his foot along the dirt that was beneath my feet. It made me fall over, but I used Itachi as a leverage and grabbed a fistful of his cloak, throwing him over my falling shoulder. He landed on his feet, crouched down, and his momentum swung me over his shoulder.

I landed on my feet and immediately did a few back flips to create distance.

He started using some all too familiar hand signs, and I started to copy him.

"Great Fireball Technique!" We both yell at the same time, each of us spitting out a huge ball of fire at each other.

The fireballs collide and flaming embers soar across the field.

"Hey Itachi! Want to hear a joke?" I yell out across the field, seeing him clutching a kunai in hand and get in a crouched position.

He doesn't respond, but he shows me a small smirk full of amusement, so I take that as a yes. "What do you call a group of unorganized cats?!" I yell from across the field.

He shoots towards me and I take a kunai out, making our weapons clash against each other. Right as our faces cross each other, I whisper, "A cat-astrophe!"

I laugh as his face whizzes past mine, hearing a quiet chuckle disappear behind me.

A side step to dodge his kunai and I throw my own kunai back at him, but I hear it clang against the ground. I quietly chuckle at my joke, grasping a few more shuriken out of my pouch. I make a one handed sign and gather the chakra in my mouth, quickly throwing the shuriken at Itachi.

I spit out the fire in my mouth directly after, effectively covering the shuriken in my flames. They darted towards Itachi, who easily dodged the shuriken. His coat did get singed, which means I'm slowing him down.

I got this. Hopefully.

Itachi shoots back towards me and I turn back around quickly, blocking the punch that he tried to hit my arm with.

"How does a squid go into battle?" I ask him, flipping him over my head.

He grunts and uses the momentum I gave him while filliping him over my head to try and kick my back, but I jump and twist my body around.

"Well armed!" I yell back playfully, kicking off of his back and doing a few hand signs. Two clones poof by my side and they each take one of my arms, flinging me towards Itachi. I power chakra into my fist and aim to hit his back, but he surprises me.