Chapter 278: The Memory In Her Dream

Pitter-patter!

Raindrops hit the bronze wooden window of the palace. The weather turned gloomy out of a sudden.

Eunuchs who sounded the night watches were moving around the side hall, beating the gongs. The sound was long and lingering. Everything was dull and depressing.

Helian Wei Wei who went to bed early was not feeling well. Her forehead was even covered in a thin layer of sweat due to some unknown incidents. She swayed her head from side to side as if she was trying to get rid of her dream.

She walked into an abandoned courtyard in the dark. The yard was full of huge red lanterns.

As there were a lot of red lanterns, the courtyard was shrouded in blood-red light. The cold and lonely abandoned courtyard seemed creepy under the lighting.

Squeak!

A muffled sound was heard.

Helian Wei Wei looked in the direction of the sound. She then found out that it was not a random mansion. It was where her mother lived right before she passed away.

Then, Helian Wei Wei walked into it in a daze like her body was out of control.

She seemed to be small in stature. She was only the height of the sandalwood table.

What’s going on?

Helian Wei Wei slowly moved forward. Then, a sound emitted from the outside.

She subconsciously went under the desk, thinking that she wanted to play hide and seek with her mother when she got in.

Play hide and seek?

Helian Wei Wei frowned at the idea of having such a childish thought… Wait, something was not right!

It was because she saw Helian Na Yue came in and hastily placed something into the wooden box.

Isn’t that the wooden box that was used to store ancient books?

Helian Wei Wei wrinkled her thick eyebrows.

Helian Na Yue’s lips were pale. However, there were hints of purple and black. This was clearly a sign that she was poisoned.

Helian Wei Wei wanted to stand up and hold Helian Na Yue.

However, she realized that the little body was beyond her control.

She seemed to be pleased that her mother did not realize her existence.

Helian Wei Wei finally understood what was going on. This was not a dream. It was a memory that she lost when she was young.

The wooden door was kicked open as she was being enlightened.

Helian Guang Yao walked inside with a cold expression and said, “I will keep you alive if you hand it out!”

Helian Na Yue was holding onto the sandalwood desk with a single hand. Her body was trembling as if she was enduring immense pain. However, she did not make a single sound as she refused to show any sign of weakness.

Thump!

Helian Na Yue went flying a few meters after being kicked by Helian Guang Yao.

Her head knocked onto the shelf and her forehead started to bleed.

“Are you going to say or not?” Helian Guang Hao stretched out his leg and stepped on the back of her hand forcefully.

Helian Na Yue smiled contemptuously. Her eyes were cold and determined.