- 1 - Academy of Myths -

Edited.

The drive was quiet between me and them, the two men, Tyrone and Thomas. They made conversation amongst themselves, either one of them frequently looking back as if confirming that I was still there.

We were riding a moving car going 100km/h, who in their right mind would jump out or attempt an escape? Certainly not me.

I knew nothing of where they were taking me but I chose to keep silent. The men carried no guns or knives, despite knowing I was dangerous, more dangerous than any weapon on earth.

I commented not on the lack of protection they had.

Tyrone was a tall man who had scruffy hair and piercing blue eyes, he was slightly tanned and well-built. He looked in his early 20s and was well-spoken. He had a light tone masking in his deep voice.

Thomas was also a tall man, but he had long chin-length blond hair. He had green eyes and a toned body, he was slightly tanned too. Paul looked around his late 20s. He wore glasses and didn't speak much, only commenting when necessary.

"We're here to take you, Alexa, to a place where you'd fit in," Words from Tyrone that caught me off guard when they took me away from my parents.

Not that they cared of course, if I didn't know better, they seemed satisfied their monster of a child is being taken away.

They've always judged me, commenting on my inhumane ways when reacting to a everything around me. I was a freak, or so everyone has called me.

Somehow, when they told me this piece of information, a voice in the back of my head had told me to agree that it could be much, much better there. Wherever "there" was.

We reached a huge place surrounded by a valley of tulips, roses and petunias. A tall metal gate stood proud and mighty with the initials "AM" bold in cursive letters, protecting whatever laid inside.

The guards on either side of the gate nodded upwards, to a man who pulled a lever and the gate opened, revealing one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen.

Leading towards the staircase, a clear brick path covered the grounds, a fountain in the middle of the pathway and teenagers and children on either side of the fountain, sitting, running, walking, all in uniforms consisting of visible white dress shirts and black cloaks.

The boys had black trousers and the girls had black mid-thigh-length skirts, some of them wearing knee high socks to cover the rest of their legs.

I noticed 5 colours that stood out profusely; red, blue, green, yellow, and purple.

Thomas halted the car as Tyrone climbed out after semi circling the fountain and going right by the staircase. Men in black vests came over to Tyrone and they nodded as he gave them their orders.

They went around the car to go to the boot. Thomas had glanced at me from the mirror. Once our eyes locked, he smiled.

Tyrone opened my door, "Alexa, you'll come with me, Thomas will join us shortly." He said and I followed as instructed.

He led me to a pair of huge double doors. We heard a faint "come in" from inside and he opened the door, walking in.

"Alexandria," A warm voice calls as we approached a western style office, a desk perched on the far end, adjacent to the door, in front of multiple huge windows. Like every drama at this point, the black leather chair of the office desk was turned away from us; Tyrone and I.

The voice was the same voice in my head that had told me to accept the offer, back at my parents' house in Dallas.

Yes, "parents' house" because I don't live there anymore, Thomas and Tyrone had taken everything of my belongings along, which wasn't much; a huge closet worth of clothes, two bags, five pairs of shoes a bookshelf worth of books, and my electronics.

"Welcome to the academy," The warm voice continues, turning to us with a welcoming smile.

The man had a typical old man's features: wrinkles by the corner of his eyes when he smiled, pale complexion, slender figure, and a kind aura. He had green beady eyes behind blue thick rimmed glasses and blond shoulder-length hair. He looked around his late 60s, with no facial hair.

Tyrone bowed and left the room, leaving me and the unknown man behind the desk alone.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked timidly, scared of his reaction.

He stands up, taking of his glasses and putting them neatly on the desk. "Please don't be afraid, this is a place where we could help people like you."

"That's what they've all said before," I admit, offhandedly, thinking of all the failed therapists my parents had thrown me at. "Besides that, nobody else is like me, a freak."

"But I'm like you," He tells me, making me look back up into his eyes. "I can prove it if you want."

"Prove it," I dare say, waiting for some kind of sign he was in fact another freak.

'I can do so much with your mind,' His voice penetrates my thoughts. His face lightens with a smile, 'I can change your mind, erase your memory, assess your thoughts.'

"How did you-" I began only to be cut off by him.

"I am like you, Alexa, special; unique. We have abilities nobody has, everyone here on campus." He explains, approaching me. "I know what you've gone through," He honestly adds, "I'm here to make it better."

<< • >> • << • >> • << • >>

A/N -

I honestly don't know where I'm going with this story, but I'm kinda into those magical mystery things now :3

If you guys read my Kuroko no Basuke one shots, no, as you can see, it's not KnB related, it's all fiction here! Right from my imagination.

This story, the plot, the characters are mine. No copyright intended. If there's any similarities between this story or the characters with other story plot or characters, I'm really sorry, it is my idea and it was really coincidental.

Thank you for reading my story! :D

- Rin { 09/11/14 } 💕