- 5 - Nightmares -

Edited.

Riley

The group was in trouble. Blood spilled everywhere, as their powers were rendered useless.

What was I doing? Absolutely nothing. I watched as Jade screamed and reached out to me before she was decapitated.

I woke up to a cold sweat. I sit up with a gasp for air, as if I've been under water for so long, losing my breath.

"Riley?" Lexi's voice calls out, scaring the life out of me, "What's wrong?"

I rub my face and turn to her. She was perched on her bed, typing something on her laptop with her table lamp switched on. I put on a smile on my face, "Nothing's wrong, Lexi. I just got a little bit of a nightmare."

"Are you sure?" Lexi asks and I nod, reaching for my phone on my night stand.

11:00 PM, it reads.

"What are you doing up, Lexi?" I manage to ask after calming down.

"I'm checking for my classes. So far I've had magic, dark arts and healing, I'm checking for the rest of my schedule." She tells me, with a smile.

"I see," I grin at her. I pull my blanket off and get out of my bed. "Want to go get some tea?"

"That would be lovely," Lexi says, shutting her laptop and getting off her bed, bringing her laptop with her.

I take my phone to realize a text from Tim.

Tim K > Hey Ry
Riley Y > Hey Tim! :)
Tim K > Are you okay?
Riley Y > Yeah, I'm fine
Riley Y > I just woke up from a nightmare

"Is everything okay?" Lexi asks.

"Yeah, I just got a text from Tim, I'm not sure what's wrong but he asked me if I was okay." I told her, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, alright then. You seem a little pale, Ry." She observes, leading me to the door, after putting our cloaks on.

While we walked, I received another text from Tim.

Tim K > That's good
Tim K > I'm with your brother at the base if you want to come here

"Hey, Lexi, would you like to have tea at the hideout?" I ask my companion.

"I don't mind," she says.

Riley Y > Lexi and I are getting tea first
Riley Y > Then we'll drop by
Riley Y > Want some tea?
Tim K > Sure :)

Alexa

We went to the hideout through the wall, Riley bringing two cups of tea, hers and Tim's.

It was now 40 minutes past 11 and nobody was around.

Inside the room, Tim and Isaac sat on one of the couches. They looked like they were talking about something serious but stopped when they saw us entering.

"Hey, Lexi, Riles." Isaac greeted and Tim smiled at us.

Riley hands Tim his cup of tea and he thanked her. She took a seat beside her brother and leaned on his shoulder.

"No tea for me?!" Isaac asks his little sister, "I'm hurt, Riley, you get one for your boyfriend but none for me. I thought we were siblings, Ry." Isaac dramatically cries out, making Tim and I laugh.

Riley was amused with her brother's antics. "No tea for you, because you suck." She stuck her tongue out at him and he pouts. "Alright, alright, you can share with me!" She says and he cheers, taking the warm mug of tea in his hands and taking a careful gulp.