- 6 - Missing -

Edited.

Isaac

I jolted awake as I felt Riley scream out my name. I turned to look at my room mate, Remi, who was fast asleep. He didn't seem to have awoken to a scream.

I needed to check on Riley and Alexa. Maybe it was just my imagination, but what if something actually happened?

I sat up, rubbed my face and walked in the dark, fumbling to get my cloak on and leave the room.

The halls were pretty quiet. It was normal here, though. I ruffled my hair as I let out a yawn, walking to the girl's second floor. I grumbled mentally, why did this place have to be so huge?

"Um!" I heard from my right. Noticing a little boy with a cloak with a blue inner hood, I stopped in my tracks.

"Hello there," I greeted the boy with a smile, "Can I help you? You shouldn't be awake at this hour."

"Are you the dormitory security patrolling the area?" He asks. I shook my head no and he frowns, "Oh, my bad, mister! Can you take me to one?"

"Why? Is something wrong?" I ask him, crouching down to his height.

"I heard a scream of a girl. I wanted to make sure everyone was okay!" He says as his eyes search mine. A scream of a girl?

"What's your name?" I ask him as he trembles.

"Eric," He answers.

I smile, ruffling up his hair, "Well, Eric, that was a brave thing you wanted to do."

He sends me a toothy grin and I stood up. "I'm sure it was nothing, buddy. Let me take you to your room. Elementary students will get punished if they're up at this time!" I tell him and he nods, taking my hand in his, telling me his room number.

As we got to his room, I waved at him and he waved back, bidding his goodbye. I turn to leave and he speaks up, "Ah, mister! Be careful. There's a storm brewing."

When I turn back, his door was shut and there was no sign of Eric. I cocked an eyebrow, storm? I strained my ear to hear for rain or a sound of some sort, hearing absolutely nothing. Shrugging it off, I start to walk. It was probably some kid belief like the boogyman or something.

I look around tiredly and sigh, what was I doing here again?

Proceeding to the girl's second floor, I notice no one in sight. I come up to the door with a sleeping purring cat around the doorknob.

Before I could rap the door, it opened, revealing a sleepy Alexa with surprise etched on her face. "Isaac, what are you doing here?"

"I was checking on Riley," I tell her, and she looked confused.

"Funny, that's what I was gonna do; she isn't here," Alexa furrows her eyebrows together, "I thought she would've been with you or something."

"I heard a shout," I told her, further explaining, "Riley shouted my name."

"What on earth's going on?" Alexa asks and we stop talking as we hear something vibrate on the night stand on Riley's side.

Alexa and I exchange looks before she let me in and we went to Riley's phone that flashed Tim's name.

As much as I wanted to tease them at the moment, I held back. Riley was probably safe, with Tim. Lexi slid her finger against Riley's phone and put him on speaker.

"You finally picked up, you alright?" We hear Tim's relieved voice from the phone. Riley did not appear to be with him.

"Sorry, it isn't Ry," Alexa answered, "She's not here."