- 7 - Boy -

Edited.

Fluttering my eyes open as the alarm clock screamed at me to get up, I groaned. Oh well, at least I have had 4 hours of sleep.

Running around to get ready, magically piling my needed books and wand into my little bag, I zoomed out of the room for breakfast.

"Miss! Good morning!" I hear from my left. Turning around, I see a little boy grinning at me. Returning the greeting, he smiles, "I'm lost, I'm supposed to go to the hall for breakfast."

"That's where I'm headed, I'll be glad to take you, uh..." I trail off, hinting for a name.

"Eric," He sends me a toothy grin.

"Well then, come on, Eric." I smile, walking side by side with him.

Entering the entrance of the hall, I motion Eric inside, "Here we are."

"Thanks miss! Oh, uh... By the way, a storm's brewing, so be careful!" he says and I turn back to look at him but he wasn't there anymore. Shrugging it off, I make my way to the section where the guardians sat, happily munching away.

They chorus a greeting to me and I took a seat next to Ryan. "We're headed to see Riley after this." Ryan tells me and I nod, taking a muffin from in front of us.

Nibbling gratefully on the soft texture, Ryan starts a conversation with me, in a hushed voice, looking at the others in case they were listening in, "I saw burns." Not turning to meet my eyes when I looked at him questioningly, he forked his omelette, "On Riley's wrist."

"When did you see-"

"I saw her this morning when I found both Isaac and Tim who both have not left Riley's side." He answers me before I got the chance to ask him. "I convinced Isaac to leave to change and freshen up but Tim preferred to keep an eye on her."

I stayed silent, waiting for his next words but instead, his honey brown eyes flickered to mine and I felt a twinge. He quickly looked away and finished his omelette and I turned back to my muffin but I could not let go of the familiarity I saw in those orbs.

Pushing it to the back of my mind, I thought about his words. There were burns on Riley's wrist. Did someone, perhaps a fire ability possessing person, do that?

Riley

My arm ached as I awoke to the bright light penetrating the glass windows. Blinking, I adjusted to the light, looking down towards my right arm that was bandaged and wrapped up against a stick. What happened?

Looking to my left, I see a head of ginger, sleeping against the mattress of the bed I was on. I smiled, seeing Tim sleep peacefully. Maybe I should switch places with him or ask him to go back to his room or something.

Using my left arm, I lightly shook him awake, to which he woke up to in seconds. His eyes sleepily glanced over to me as he sat upright but in a second, he was engulfing me in a tight hug, "Don't you ever do that again." He pleads and I wrap my arm around him, humming in agreement as I inhaled his calming scent. He places a kiss atop my head and pushes me away slightly. "How are you feeling?" Came his usual soft voice.

When I attempted to answer him, my voice came out somewhat scratchy, so he handed me a glass of water. "I'm okay. My arm's a little sore, but I'm okay."

"Sore?" He chuckles, "It's broken in half, Ry."

Memories of the earlier this morning came rushing in and I wished it had not. I feel Tim caress my arm soothingly, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing much, just the events that happened that lead me to," I looked toward my bandaged arm, "This."

Tim ruffles my hair, "Everything's going to be okay." He brings my left hand up to his lips and frowned when he realizes the purple scar on the side of my wrist. "Where's this from?"

I pulled my hand away, pulling my sleeve over the spot. "Where are the guardians?" I ask and he pouts, uncovering my sleeve, kissing the scar softly, as if scared to hurt me. I had a feeling I was as red as a tomato right now with all the kisses he planted.

Before he could answer, the door opened, the sound resonating throughout the filled infirmary. Busy bustling came from the group of friends I wanted to see.

I smiled at the group, Jade running over and hugging me. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Thank you, I heard you saved me!" I told her and she cringed, saying no more about the topic.

Isaac cut in, "Oh, what do we have here?" He teasingly says, eying my hand entwined with Tim's, "I turned my back for a second and things happen, I see. Did we walk in the wrong time, Rilemothy?" A smug smile etched on his face that, if this IV was not poked into my wrist right now, I'd tear off.

I blushed a deeper shade of scarlet, untangling our hands, "What are you on about!" I stuttered out, flustered. They, including Tim, laughed. I cracked a smile, feeling like things were back to normal.

When the laughter subsided, Lexi threw me a smile and hugged me, "You had us worried, but we're glad you're okay." She said in my ear and when she pulled away, we exchanged smiles before she went back beside Fie.

"All joking aside," Jason speaks up, looking to Fie who understood the look and placed some kind of soundproof cage over us. "What happened, Riley?"

The 8 turned to me and waited for my response, "Uh... I don't remember clearly but yesterday, after Lexi fell asleep, I went to the high tower to investigate but then something was there, it caught me off-guard and..." I looked down towards my fractured arm. "All I found was a glass shard and the thing that attacked me was fire-based." I showed the my wrist, "It touched me and left a burn."

"You went alone?" Camellia asks and I nod. "Did you see someone before it happened?"

Racking my brain, I recall the little boy, "Well, I don't think it's important, but I met a cute little fella..." I struggled to remember his name, "Eli? Aaron......Eric? Yeah, the little boy was Eric."

The group looked surprised, "Blond, Grey hues, about yay high?" Camellia asked, motioning to her knees.

I recalled his features and nodded, "And an adorable little southern accent and toothy smiles, too!"

"Funny, I met him too this morning," Tim says, "That's why I was somewhat late."

A chorus of 'me too's sounded within the group.

"Did he say anything to all of you?" Jason asks, a hand on his chin.

"Just 'a storm's brewing, be careful' and he vanished before Fie and I." Malia answered, fear prominent in her eyes.

"I assume everyone had the same line recited back?" Jason looks around us as we all nod. "We need to find the boy. Isaac, Ryan, Fie, Jack, Alexa, Malia, you're on that."

"He told me a room number," Isaac and I said, simultaneously. Look at each other, surprised.

"He told me twenty four 'o' one, you?" Isaac asked.

"Twenty six thirty one." I answered and Jason nodded.

"Split up amongst yourselves, you six." Jason says, "Camellia, Jade, you're with me, we're going to have a little chat with Rebecca Hall. Tim, you're to stick with Riley." Tim smiles at me, glaring at Isaac playfully when the latter snorted.

"Riley..." Jason looked towards me and I enthusiastically waited for his command, "Behave and get better soon." You could imagine my disappointment right then as I comically slumped in my bed. I pouted and he only ruffled my hair, messing it up. I groaned, using my only useful hand to tidy my locks.

The school bell sounded and the group stands up. "We should go to class." Jack says.

Fie disables the cage and they wave at me. Tim places a kiss on my forehead, telling me he'd see me right after classes. Right as the group leaves noisily, a nurse came up to me with a syringe, the long, pointy needle gleaming in the sunlight. "Are you ready for medication, Miss Yukon?" She smiles devilishly towards me.

Taking an audible gulp, I watched as she got the medicine ready. As she came closer, I sigh, shutting my eyes tightly. Oh boy, this was going to be a long day.

<< • >> • << • >> • << • >>

- Rin {22/11/14} 💓